Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Are Websites Stealing My Information On The Google Maps

Yup @LucioV Google D as Googler Dragan 😉

@LucioV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HelloSamsonR Contributions you make on maps is not your property ☺ Google own that and Google alow everyone​ to use maps embedded on their website ☺ or links on maps... I can't forbid anybody to use navigation on maps just because I was draw roads, also many websites taking information from maps and use like their own 😉

I Agree.

P.S. How cool is your animated D?!?!?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZekariasT wrote:

By the way I was also thinking about that; it would be nice at least to have our photos registered under creative commons license (if google maps app do that automatically). Just an idea. 

You mean to monetize your photos on Maps ? Or?

People can't use your photo...you can report if someone does.

Level 7

@Anonymous Ya google is providing lots of information with the help of people like - the local guides. Its good to give info (as it is empowering for business, education, research......), but the original owner or the contributor of that info should also be - at least - mentioned. 

Level 10

@SamsonR wrote:

@LucioV I do not agree yet, I need to know more reasons why?

I can understand you don't like, but this claim could be done only by Google, not by you, IMHO.

Level 10

@Anonymous You are 100percent wrong. Are you trying to say as a volunteer I dont have the right to ask questions about my own privacy? People are doing business and making money for that? Explain the term, am not making money for that, that is why I also need to be concerned about my privacy. I am volunteering and I have to know how my contributions are beeing used.

@Anonymous wrote:

I know all of that @HelloSamsonR, but in a fact you are providing info on Google Maps and many people actually doing their business with those info + some other resources.

You as a volunteer you do not have any rights on those info you provide on Maps...

@SamsonR wrote:

@Anonymous Google owns the map fine. But I make the contributions which am happy to do so. Seeing websites using your information wrongly is a big worry. I think we should have a policy very soon on that. I make the contributions on google maps, not on other websites.

Level 10

@Anonymous You are 100percent wrong. Are you trying to say as a volunteer I dont have the right to ask questions about my own privacy? People are doing business and making money for that? Explain the term, am not making money for that, that is why I also need to be concerned about my privacy. I am volunteering and I have to know how my contributions are beeing used.

@Anonymous wrote:

I know all of that @HelloSamsonR, but in a fact you are providing info on Google Maps and many people actually doing their business with those info + some other resources.

You as a volunteer you do not have any rights on those info you provide on Maps...

@SamsonR wrote:

@Anonymous Google owns the map fine. But I make the contributions which am happy to do so. Seeing websites using your information wrongly is a big worry. I think we should have a policy very soon on that. I make the contributions on google maps, not on other websites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not possible @ZekariasT

Somebody had same idea last year...And this cant be good...because it is against regulation and rules...also it cant be fair...because people who live in developed countries would be in advance...

Forget about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HelloSamsonR

@SamsonR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SamsonR wrote:

Other people, other...not local guides...some websites like some tourists agencies etc...no one cant prove that someone took a contact phone or similar info and put on their websites...

You are twisting my words, so I will stop with this.

Level 10

@Anonymous You need to make connect a warm and friendly place. You are not helping me on this so i think your reply was the best solution. @ZekariasT was warm with words, so also @LucioV with explaining. I needed an explanation not complications. Thanks for your contributions though I would apply that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HelloSamsonR I'm not here for " best solution " or " kudos "...

Perhaps I'm not to kind and worm with words, but this is because I like to give straight answer, and to receive same. 😄

But on other hand, I did not say anything bad to you...did I? If I am, Sorry... My apologies, that was not my intention.

I was had same thoughts long time ago and I was ask almost same...

Google maps have API tools, and all your reviews can be displayed on some website...because someone pay to use that tools...

Again, Google own all what is on Google...you have rights to report content here, and all information you can find here:

https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3110420?visit_id=1-636311450143953019-2884423322&rd=1

All the best,