PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What messages/requests can I carry for you to LGSummit17

@MariaBi wrote:

• To collect the feedback, it is better just to use this public thread, @LucioV 

May thanks to all and really looking forward for your contributions! 

Ok! 🙂

Let me know your questions about SVT program!

Connect Moderator

Looks good @LucioV may I suggest a few changes

1. Make it specific to Local Guides and LGSummit17

2. Don't ask for their email, ask for a link to the Local Guide profile from Maps

We don't really need their email and people often get nervous about giving it. The feedback/questions/answers would likely come from Googlers via this forum.

Regards

Paul

@LucioV wrote:

What do you think?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiX1EE3AcR7Pdbiebtk3egYo8-a3SiPA74xO3tswNjmbHRMA/viewform

I can also insert the herald list in the header.

Connect Moderator

I like the idea of heralds @LucioV @MariaBi , perhaps we might each take a primary and a second, I for example could take Photography as my primary and SVT as my secondary. This way if anything comes up and one of us cannot make it for some reason there is a second person to champion the questions for that category.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Looks good @LucioV may I suggest a few changes

1. Make it specific to Local Guides and LGSummit17

2. Don't ask for their email, ask for a link to the Local Guide profile from Maps

We don't really need their email and people often get nervous about giving it. The feedback/questions/answers would likely come from Googlers via this forum.

Regards

Paul

@LucioV wrote:

What do you think?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiX1EE3AcR7Pdbiebtk3egYo8-a3SiPA74xO3tswNjmbHRMA/viewform

I can also insert the herald list in the header.

I will remove the form Paul, Maria wrote that it's better to keep the discussion here in connect 😉

Level 6

I found @PaulPavlinovich's idea interesting.

So... I went to look for information about the previous LGSummit, some kind of summary of how it was, the topics that were discussed, the suggestions that were implemented in Google Maps, etc ... But I did not find anything related to that in the search.

I found many topics talking about selection criteria, application video, topics with complaints about people who were not selected, etc... etc.

If someone has a link on the summary of the last Summit, with practical information on what happened and what was decided, could you share it here in the topic ?

I think it would be very useful information for anyone who wants to understand this event, at least I think it's important.

Thank you.  🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @MatBarcia

@MatBarcia wrote:

I found @PaulPavlinovich's idea interesting.

So... I went to look for information about the previous LGSummit, some kind of summary of how it was, the topics that were discussed, the suggestions that were implemented in Google Maps, etc ... But I did not find anything related to that in the search.

I found many topics talking about selection criteria, application video, topics with complaints about people who were not selected, etc... etc.

If someone has a link on the summary of the last Summit, with practical information on what happened and what was decided, could you share it here in the topic ?

I think it would be very useful information for anyone who wants to understand this event, at least I think it's important.

Thank you.  🙂

I'm not aware a summary was every actually published. A number of videos were made available via YouTube from the Google Local Guides channel but the Summit was before Local Guides Connect existed so there won't be anything here. None of the attendees will have posted anything detailed because we signed a non disclosure agreement so we're not actually allowed to. We were limited in what we could video and photograph too especially when we were talking about new upcoming or possible new features.

I can certainly give you some idea without breaking the agreement...

• We talked lots about what each of us did with LG at home
  • We had some panels where more experienced LG shared their techniques with other LG
  • We had a taste of life at the Googleplex with limited access to some office area, presentation area, and the amazing cafeteria
  • We did some deep dive panels on Maps with how to use existing features and discussing some new/upcoming features and contributing ideas
  • There was a geowalk around San Francisco and Mission District where we split into different groups and tried different places (I got beer and Mexican food) 
  • We finished with a massive party at Mission Bowl

I've seen a lot of things we talked about come to fruition, so I guess without violating our NDA if you look at stuff that has gone live in the last six months you'd probably have some idea :).

Regards

Paul

Level 9

Great Idea @PaulPavlinovich. Will collect it from my community too for LG Summit 17.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 6

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich !!

I did not know it was a secret.  🙂

Anyway... thanks for your info, at least now I have an idea of what happens there.

I was already thinking it was just a pool party with barbecue and beer.
lol   🙂    🙂

Level 8

That  is a great initiative.  Please count me in.

Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich Its a good topic and i have also some feedback to the Local Guides team !! So i request you to count me in this list !!! 

@LucioV thanks for your great idea share but if we register with our Connect/ Maps Profile it will more better !!! 

Happy Guiding!!!!