Even with the choice of restaurant The same error is received again

20200930_173559.jpg

Shiraz, Fars Province, Iran
19 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What does this message mean?

Hi @ebrahimmotamed 

To better understand your issue, we may need some more information:

How was your trying to add your photo: on the next link you will see the several procedures available:  Add, remove, or share photos and videos 

Which version of Google Maps are you using? Is your app updated to the latest version?

Can you please tell us the operating system of your phone (e.g. Android 10, or iOS xxx)?

Can you share a larger screenshot?

Thanks

Level 7

Hi @ErmesT 

I see this error in past days. I'm using Google Pixel 3 on Android 11 and apps are updated.

As always i'm trying to add photos from Contribute tab on google maps (version 10.51.1).

Connect Moderator

I had the suspect, @mahdizar that you were on Android 11.

There are several issues reported about loading photos, with Google Maps on Android 11 (that's why I still on Android 10 on my Pixel 3). The team is working, and several issues has been already fixed, but it seems some glitch still present.

I am tagging @LilyanaZ for a check and a feedback

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ebrahimmotamed,

As @ErmesT already mentioned, when changes and/or updates arises bugs may appear. Nonetheless, you can rest assured that are usually quickly fixed by an update. Please monitor for available updates while the relevant team take a look into this.

P.S.: Your post has been relabeled and now appears in the How-tos section. If you have any other questions or issues related to the Local Guides program, please make sure to post them there, as this section is specifically created for such topics. Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @ebrahimmotamed 

I posted a photo through Pixel 3XL after upgrading to Android 11.

The current glitch is that the program does not recognise geolocation data and prompts to select a place. Further, the suggestions are limited to local spots and an attempt to select something else results in an error.

I recollect one similar post highlighting the issue.

Nevertheless, if we remember the place correctly, then posting a photo through that POI remains possible. I could upload a photo using that route.

Level 8

I have a Samsung mobile S10+

ver 10 

google map ver  10.51.1

This message is received wherever I select it

I am in front of the restaurant but he still does not accept

I just tried it on my mobile

Screenshot_20201001-093559_Maps.jpg

  The correct location is suggested via GPS information

But after selecting this error is received

Screenshot_20201001-093603_Maps.jpg

Hi @ebrahimmotamed,

Can you please share a Google Maps link of the location where you are unable to add your photo?

Thank you for tagging me @ErmesT  🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

You are welcome @LilyanaZ , BTW the issue here seems to be related to the procedure itself, not to a specific place, as already explained by @C_T 

@ebrahimmotamed , if we have clearly understood, the procedure followed by you (where you have the issue) is to add photos from "contribute > add a photo" on Google Maps App

Have you tried to add a photo directly from the business listing?

Thank you for the clarification @ErmesT but more information is always welcome in order for our teams to be able to replicate the issue. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!