cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: I want to join Meet-Up

I am in the Same situation in FL

Level 7

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

• that's true...once we wanted to have a photowalk (just not connected with Local Guides) and it was such a disaster when almost near each spot we had to ask permission of taking pictures.... 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great answer. Well done for that.

Level 6

Hello VighneshSSS

I hope all is well with you. This is in response to your wanting to meet up to join and or host new local guides. 

I hope I’m not overstepping. If I were you I would check out in Calendar of events with your local city hall. Facebook also has a Calendar of events as well (events TAB) for Statewide or just within 25-30 miles. Pick a destination, begin planning, test the waters to see what the new venues are the “happening” spot.

I would see what citywide event are going on in your area, reach to local guides in your surrounding areas see if he/she maybe the point of contact for that area. Keep me posted! Let’s keep in touch. Wishing the Best this Holiday season.🎁

Level 7

Yes but how can I community with other local guide near to me after 27 Dec 2017 I am available in Pune city for meet up then how can I find them 

I any one from Pune city of Maharashtra please Message me we will plan meet up in Pune

Level 6

I didn’t know that this needed to be done by December 27th. If you’re finding that reaching local guides, allow guides in that area to reach out to those that attended a prior event. 

Hopefully, after this event you will meet more people. Utilize social media as well.  I’m sure if you can cancel or postpone, but for me I would like to have at least minimum 8 or more guest. I would announce those interested guest coming. I would ask that they reach again to like minded friends or family and “bring them “. At this point you need bodies.

Connect Moderator

If there are no Meetups near you, then the best thing to do is think of an idea that will bring in other Local Guides. Something that will entice them and create a Meetup here https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup then once it is approved promote that Meetup here on Connect and on your social networks. You should think ahead about six weeks if possible. It takes around a week to create the Meetup and it can take quite some time to promote the event to ensure people come along. It is difficult to get the attention of the public. I've run hundreds of Meetups ranging from zero people turning up to hundreds. Not every Meetup will succeed and that is ok. Try again with a different idea.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich How are you Happy New  and hope your start is going well, I've hosted quite a lot know and I'm known for putting the word out well problem is the most time they don't show up, But I like to demon straight like I have in past it can still be done and make a great moment of it, and share to everyone in my next [Recap] Happy Guiding 

@PaulPavlinovich 

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

My #1 tip is have fun. Every meetup is valuable, whether it be a couple of people getting together to update local maps, enjoy a coffee or meal or take on a geowalk/photowalk. Don't try to start too big, think about what might be fun - chat to other Local Guides to get ideas and to thrash out your own. Once you've got something create your meetup at https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup but you cannot relax just yet. Now start to post about your meetup on every social channel you've got to enthuse people to join you. Invite both Local Guides and others. The best way to make others become Local Guides is get them interested via a meetup. 24 hours before your meetup post out a reminder recapping the meet point, time and purpose of the meetup. At this time you can't contact people who have joined your meetup but I think that's a common request so cross your fingers and it might appear eh @HelloJess?

Get to your meetup point early (I usually fail at this!!) and use something like a printed Local Guides Powered By Us Logo to help people find you. Greet everyone and introduce yourself and start your meetup. At the end I like to get feedback on how things could be better next time.

My #2 tip is never give up, sometimes no-one shows up to a meetup, that's ok, enjoy the day and do it anyway. 

Regards Paul

Level 7

Hi.. Thanks David for your tips.  

I feel, an LG who is in Level 10 should lead a group in his / her area and share his/her experiences. So, to start with,  we can form a group of members who are in the close vicinity and arrange for a meet-up in a local Restaurant to know each other. Thereafter, slowly we can spread our wing to other town / city / country. 

For example, I am in Bangalore City in India. So, the LGs who are in Bangalore lets us introduce and communicate through email.

Come on. I invite your views and suggestions.

Level 6

We will meet in a jungle and we will make the jungle as GOOGLE