Fahid's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Waste Management in my locality

@ErmesT

Thank you for the detailed reply. We are looking for the pic of 'Digester for Organic Waste'!! Do share the brochures too if you can get the same.

Level 10

Waste Management at school level in My Locality

I have collected waste management details of my nearby school - HIHSS. Its a govt aided school in - Edavanakad, Cochin, India - where they provide breakfast and lunch to all students free of cost. Complete cooking for the food supply is done within the premises of the school with separate staffs managing the same. So waste management becomes really important.

Bio-Gas production and Management of Cooking:- The first and most important thing they did was to have their own bio-gas production facility to manage complete cooking and to re-use the bio waste for the same. They have made a bio-gas production facility within a minimal cost of near 75,000INR (Approx 1000USD). They are now meeting 90% of their cooing needs with the same and re-using the complete food waste created as the input to bio-gas plant. This was a fabulous thought and they are maintaining the same perfect.

Bio-Gas plant inputBio-Gas plant inputBio Gas Plant -- productionBio Gas Plant -- productionNear the cooking areaNear the cooking areaBio Gas Plant - outputBio Gas Plant - output

Waste Collection Facility:- They also have separate area and bins for collecting Plastic and food waste. The plastic waste will be collected by village-waste-management-body on biweekly basis. The food wastes are again reused for the bio-gas generation.

Bins for collecting food wasteBins for collecting food waste

Thanks & Regards,

Fahid K.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tagging local guides from Kerala which may be interested in this

@Sariga@FuvadShah@Dhipin@Midhunhk@rohitalbert@antosmaman@JustinAlex@ArunMuralidhar, @bijusreekumar @StephenAbraham

Level 9

Re: Waste Management at school level in My Locality

Nice job

@

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 10

@Fahid This is really good to see. Local government should encourage these in other schools as well.

Level 8

@Fahid Great post and thanks for sharing the information with us. 

Actually in most of the govt. schools are showing these kind of interest in social activities. But situation in other private schools are different, they don't have the supply of food and cooking as well in their institution. So they don't show the interest in this topic. 

I'm studying in Cochin University and there is a biogas recycle plant in my hostel mess and we produce 30% of gas needs from biogas by recycling food waste from everyday. Same method is implemented in some other hostel mess in my University.

Happy to share these information and cheers for your great post.

Fuvad

Level 10

@FuvadShah Thank you for the detailed post and sharing details of biogas recycle plant in CUSAT mess.

Level 10

Level 10

@Fahid

you are doing hard working for collecting details data of waste management from your area.

Praiseworthy initiate Bro. 

https://plus.google.com/+GolamAgamAzam
Level 9

Hi @Fahid thanks for tagging.

India
Level 10

@Golamwrote:

@Fahid

you are doing hard working for collecting details data of waste management from your area.

Praiseworthy initiate Bro. 

Thanks @Golam for the kind words!! LG members support for all the initiatives taken continues to be wonderful...This keeps all of us to continue to get motivated!!!

Regards,

Fahid K.A.