SharifImran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Want to know more about the road map related email??

Assalamualaikum,

Dear Connect Forum, Want to know more about a question? The question is, I received an email from Google Local Guide on February 17, 2021, but I have no previous experience with this email. Now I want to know what is meant by this email, how to create roads, or how to use the tools to create roads. Got ideas about it?  Those who are experienced about this will benefit me with the idea.

20210218_121858.jpg

Caption: A photo of screenshot from email.

20210218_121957.jpg

Caption: A photo of screenshot from email.

sharif
Haziganj, Chandpur, Bangladesh
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Want to know more about the road map related email??

Hi @SharifImran

You are invited to try and use the app designed to add more roads to Google Maps.

You don't have to use it if you don't want to. 

Read more here. Please ask specific questions if you need more help. 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

What you received is an "early access" to test a product, @SharifImran 

As it is an "early access" not available to everyone, I would like not to give too many indications, because many local guides will not be able to access this feature. A whole set of instruction about how to use the program is available in any case on the link that you will find on the email.

Level 8

Hi

@SharifImran 

Congratulations, I received this e-mail last year. Google allows those who work regularly to add their roads to Google Maps. Which you can add to the road in the outside country.

Md.Gazi Salauddin
#BDLG
#GuidingStar 2022, #Meetup champion.
Level 8

Hi @ErmesT thank you for your important feedback.

sharif
Connect Moderator

You are welcome, @SharifImran .

However, I want to add a note, because the reply from @GaziSalauddinbd can be misinterpreted.

You cannot "add your roads" to Google Maps. You can choose a country, on a list of countries that the AI propose to you. You will be invited to add roads in an area chosen at random by the AI. That's all. You will not have any information about where the area is located, apart the name of the country

Level 8

Hi,

@ErmesT 

Your words are true. This requires a laptop or computer. This does not work from mobile.

Md.Gazi Salauddin
#BDLG
#GuidingStar 2022, #Meetup champion.
Level 10

Keep it up. Thanks

Md. Jakir Hossan