Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Virtual Tour of India's Murals

Virtual Tour of India's Murals

Lodhi Art District

261, Block, 15, Block 15, Lodi Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India

May 05, 2020 @ 12:05 (IST)

Welcome to virtual tour of India's largest art district ! I will make sure you dont miss your travel with my customized street art tour of this lovely residential area that has murals that will leave you breathless. I will take you through these murals by way of pictures and will help you understand what these art works reflect. Some of these are extremely profound, witty, sarcastic & scenic! We will start with a short introduction of you & me and then I will share with you one-by-one high definition pictures of these murals, block-wise. It would just as we are walking through the streets of Lodhi & will discuss what you see & what artist sees in these murals and of course, my experiences of how I discovered these art works. In case you also collect street arts, you too can shortlist the ones that you have clicked from your native place or clicked by you during your travel. I will also be showing you half prepared photos of artists making these murals! Wall murals include The Secret Passage, The wall of life & death, A wall painted by transgender community, Indian streets and flea market, a feminist wall and more. You can attend this online meeting no matter from what part of the world you are from! Just RSVP to the meetup and will share the link with you soon 🙂

RSVP here

Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!
261, Block, 15, Block 15, Lodi Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India
14 comments
Level 9

Re: Virtual Tour of India's Murals

@Explore_Keshav . 

Wow was not aware of this art in Delhi, 

I have been to Delhi 1 1/2 year ago if knew had visited it. Will definitely attend. 

@Shrut19 

@FalguniP 

@Shreeya_99 

@Ishu 

@Anil6969 

@

Level 9

Great post @Explore_Keshav!

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us! 

Level 8

Hello @Explore_Keshav 

So nice that you arranged this meetup. Would be seeing you after our ASIA ONE meetup ! 

#TEAMINDIA
#TEAMMAHARASHTRA
Level 10

Namaskar..

@Explore_Keshav thanks for Sharing, a long back your activities on Connect, nice to see you back & your art Meetup of Lodhi ..

@RosyKohli thanks for tagging..

Level 9

Connect Moderator

I would love to attend but sadly will still be working at this time.

Paul

Connect Moderator

Level 8

Hi @Explore_Keshav,

We all as a #TeamMumbai, thank you for organizing this virtual meetup. I'll be very glad to see you on screen after a long time since 'ASIA 1 SUMMIT 2019' event which took place in Delhi. Unbelievable! Never thought that Delhi has a whole area dedicated to street art. I've just heard that it's India's first-ever open-air art district where 25 street artists from India and around the world came together to paint the walls with beautiful artworks and eye-popping murals, creating a masterpiece. The designs vary from contemporary to modern. This project was started by 'ST+ART INDIA FOUNDATION', a non-profit organisation that is on a mission to make art accessible to everyone. Films are being shot at this location and it's also catching up fast with the tourists visiting Delhi. This is a very interesting place and also a photographer's delight. Can't wait to get a virtual tour experience of this popular place. All the very best to you! See you online at the meetup. Cheers...!!!

Warm regards,

#ThaneLocalGuide

#TeamMumbai

#TeamIndia 🇮🇳

Level 8

Thank you @RosyKohli 🙂 It's a hidden treasure of Delhi & I'll be happy to host you and your gang on this virtual tour!

@PaulPavlinovich this is on 5th May at 12noon (IST) there was a slight change in time due to am/pm confusion, I'm hoping you could sneak out and find time to attend if available 😄

Your comment was so heart warming @Aditya_Patil Yes this project was started by St+Art foundation & you'll be amazed to see the murals tomorrow!

Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!