Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Today I did shoot a few series of videos with my Ricoh Theta V camera in Uppsala Lapplandsresan to measure the storage requirement. One can see that the first second already requires ca 200 MB. The video is broken up into 1.2 GB chunks each 3 minutes. The distance is not decisive, it depends  on my velocity.

Unfortunately the problems are still there, no video just scattered single photosphaeres randomly named, no connection between them.

thetaVminMB.jpgThetatable.jpg

Level 9

@Lajos_J_Hajdu if possible please share the result of your successful update (if there were any)

Thannks 🙂

Level 9

@Haseeb wrote:

@Lajos_J_Hajdu if possible please share the result of your successful update (if there were any)

Thannks 🙂

I will absolutely announce when the video upload starts working. The problem I described earlier (the Theta S and Galaxy S7 edge could not communicate on a reliable way) is solved after the theta S firmware was updated and the galaxy launched an update. I can not pinpoint the source of error but sure I am happy they can talk to each other.

Level 9

@Lajos_J_Hajdu happy to know that, thanks for your update 🙂

@Lajos_J_Hajdu wrote:

@Haseeb wrote:

Thannks 🙂

I will absolutely announce when the video upload starts working. The problem I described earlier (the Theta S and Galaxy S7 edge could not communicate on a reliable way) is solved after the theta S firmware was updated and the galaxy launched an update. I can not pinpoint the source of error but sure I am happy they can talk to each other.

Level 9

The Google team worked further to transform video into connected photos. My test run at Lapplandsresan in Uppsala was just isolad´ted photos of snowy street. But after two weeks the arrowheads and the X-es are shown and you can move around the street. I walked in the middle of the street but the gps positioned X-es are scattered. No worries because the photos are stiched together. 

Congratulation to the team. 

Level 6

Is there any special trick to do the Video Upload (ThetaV & Street View App ona Samsung Galaxy Android)?

I tried it today, 2 miles on a bicycle and the app created 3 videos. Not one of it is possible to publish. All I get is something like "not able to publish". After waiting to reach 100% upload ...

Level 10

Bonjour @Yohanad,

Les partenaires de Google propose des casques pour installer la caméra dessus. Néanmoins ce produit disponible aux US propose une livraison aussi cher que le casque. Savez vous si en Europe il y a ce type de produit ?

Par avance merci

À votre santé 

Vincent 

Level 9

@Revilo wrote:

Is there any special trick to do the Video Upload (ThetaV & Street View App ona Samsung Galaxy Android)?

I tried it today, 2 miles on a bicycle and the app created 3 videos. Not one of it is possible to publish. All I get is something like "not able to publish". After waiting to reach 100% upload ...

I don't understand how you did it. Somewhere in this thread I published a diagram about the storage requirement of the Theta V versus distance. In my experience the Street View app breaks up the wideo into 1.2 GB pieces. The t miles bicycle  tour should have resulted more video snippets as just 3.

I suppose you did not used the SV to shoot the video(maybe used the Theta V to store the videos), so the video is not chopped up ito manageable chunks, hence the message "not able to publish".

Redo the test with a shorter walk and use SV to handle the video shooting.

Level 9

my mistake the 1.2 GB storage is versus 3 minutes shooting time(see the diagram). Your long bicyckle tour was probably longer.

Level 9

@Vvincent wrote:

Bonjour @Yohanad,

Les partenaires de Google propose des casques pour installer la caméra dessus. Néanmoins ce produit disponible aux US propose une livraison aussi cher que le casque. Savez vous si en Europe il y a ce type de produit ?

If you buy a camera screw in a photo shop (or order from the US Home Depot, model Everbilt machine screw Phillips flat head measures 1/4 inch-20*2 inch, this is not metric screw) and glue it on the top of a bicyckle helmet or on a stiffened beret than you have a DIY solution for almost nothing.