JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: VOLUNTEER PROGRAM!

Indeed @DiAnaUS, Very priceless. I love the initiative of the program.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 10

That's the spirit @JonasKL and you're completely right!

While it might seem that I'm not really looking for something that would benefit me materialistically, what the Local Guides community should really be satisfying is intrinsically. The fruits of one's labour can't be harvested until it truly is ready and the conditions are right. Actually helping people find the right thing, giving them an image to look for and towards when they're going to a place, capable accurate reviews to drum up hype/expectation, giving them the right information to make the most out of their journeys for both the consumer and the business, the lists go on and on. And fortunately, Google Maps doesn't seem to be going anywhere. So it will be your lasting digital footprint/impression for many years to come!

Level 9

@Briggs, @TraciC 

The past few weeks before the announcement of the summit attendees I was going through my contributions. And what really caught my eye is of my best photo sphere I created near a government office. The place looked great, the views on this picture was amazing, I coulnt get more satisfied to see my own work help millions of people on their day to day activities. 

Also I saw my footprint too as the person who provided the images. I know my grand grand children will know that their grandfather left a mark on the digital world that has helped generations. I am so proud of this.

Regards

Level 9

@JonasKL wrote:

Hello guys!

I know the past few has been a blast for others and a sad moment for other local guides following the invitations for #LGSummit17. 

It is a trying  moment for an active local guide who contributes frequently both to the Local Guides Connect and Google Maps as well as the community page.

I just want to urge the Local Guides Community that, we are serving a volunteer program. Sometimes we might be tempted to participate in order to get something. But my heart goes out to all those invited and all those who were not invited to be one. 

Failure to be invited to this years summit should not make one leave the program. It has been fun contributing places, and I strongly believe that with our determination and hard work, next year still is another summit. 

I wish you happy guiding and happy days

google_local_guides_logo-icon-300x100.png

google_local_guides_logo-icon-300x100.png@SergeySud, @SalmaanN, @SamornT, @ProfArunCM, @PhilipMnangat, @U-royFelixA, @AlMutebi, @ShafiulB, @OSAMA, @Tito

Level 10

Beautiful piece. Thanks immensely @JonasKL Keep up the rythm. 👍

Level 10

@JonasKL wrote:

@Umashankar, @DiAnaUS, @LucioV, @TraciC, @JeslynL, @Corrie, @ShafiulB, @RobAo, @InnocensiaO, @iyudhi and others I may have not mentioned.

I know one thing for certain that so far, I have achieved the greatest reward of all. Getting to know about you as my friends across the globe. The summit will only last for 3 days, but the frienship lasts a lifetime. I am so priviledged to have know you

Receive much ❤ from Kenya.

Thank you.

This 🙂

Level 9

Thank you @U-royFelixA, @LucioV for your contributions. I am happy for them.

Level 8

Connect Moderator

@JonasKL We work as voluntary no doubt !!!

Thanks for mention me here !!

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for tagging me in this thread, @JonasKL, and for being a wonderful Local Guide 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.