Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typhoon is coming over the Olympics. Are we ready?

IMG_0671.JPGIMG_0671.JPG

I am tracking the typhoon from here < =  

Thankfully it hasn't made landfall yet, but we are hoping a low-pressure front pushes it further north - fingers crossed.  Even better, it dissipates.  Even if the typhoon does make landfall Japan is prepared. According to our sources, only the marathon will be affected.   Every year around this time is a typhoon season, after all, it is an island nation. 

IMG_0673.JPGIMG_0673.JPG

The Olympic Rings still stand strong though. Nothing will damper our spirits here and we will push through another challenge, just like we are doing here with COVID and the Delta variant.  Infections have still been rising, but yet there is still optimism in the air.  Governor Koike still believes things are running smoothly and according to plan.  Even public sentiment has started to shift in favor of the Olympics since the gold medal count for Team Japan is high!  Second the U.S., I believe.  ROC is trailing behind Japan by a few golds and silvers. 

Tokyo, Japan
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Typhoon is coming over the Olympics. Are we ready?

Semangat @Anonymous dan team  ! .

Kemeriahan olimpiade tidak akan dapat telaksana dengan baik tanpa tim yang terus bekerja tanpa lelah di balik layar . Tanpa orang yang bekerja sepertimu . 

Kalian luar biasa , dengan semangat olimpiade mati bersama sama kita menjadi kuat . Ini akan menjadi olimpiade bersejarah sepanjang masa karena berada pada situasi yang luar biasa . 

Salam hangat 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning @Nyainurjanah !

Thank you for your powerful and inspiring words. I totally agree with you. I have been a fan of the Olympics since 1984 back when the games were held in Los Angeles.   It was a memorable moment for all of us. You can follow the games live here => https://www.gorin.jp/live/

Connect Moderator

Is good to know that Japan is prepared, @Anonymous , my favourite weather forecast app is Windy it has a lot of filters and a timeline, but this time I think JMA is more accurate. I hope Olympics and Paralympics run smoothly. 

Stay safe and thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @LaloPadilla  Thank you for the great recommendation.   Which sport are you following in the Olympics?

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous  I would say that football, athletics, diving and gymnastics, mostly, but if there are mexican athletes competing or something interesting comes up, I immediately watch it Live on YouTube.

Connect Moderator

Congratulation @Anonymous 

You're fan of Olympic and now you're part of that Olympic . So cool .

Thanks for link for live games . 

Take care