DhéèrajV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

SBI Green Marathon @ Chandigarh on 11 March 2018

Hello my dear LG friends

Yesterday I took part in a marathon and I would like to give a little recap of the whole event.

I have posted a proposal for a meet-up in this event called SBI Green Marathon

This was a pan India event and it was supposed to be held on 4th March but due to some

reasons it was commenced on 11th March 2018.

It was a great experience and I learnt a lot of things from here.

The whole event was centered around the idea of making India Green.

So I got a message to collect the marathon BIB from Chandigarh Club on 10 March,

I had no idea about the location so they have given a link of Google Maps for this location.

Google maps navigation made it easier for me to reach this place.

Next day reporting time was 7:00 am for 5 k run and I was there on time.

When I entered the premises there was a small session of workout for the marathon.

They had different stalls of breakfast, tea/ coffee, water, medical aid etc.

Our 5 k run started on 7:30 am and we all started running and the crowd was decent enough.

There were two spots for water and energy drinks on the whole track.

I completed my run in around 25 minutes and got bit exhausted.

I came back to the event ground and had breakfast there (here the plates and spoons were made of recyclable material)

In this whole event there was a team who was taking care of any kind of litter on the event ground and the whole track.

Later on I found out that it was an NGO named Waste Warriors and all thanks to them for making this event truly an green event.

I was not among the top three runners but still got a participation medal along with a small pot of money plant.

And the bib also had the seeds embedded inside.

Finally the winners of the different run were given the prizes on the stage by the SBI officaials.

Overall the whole experience was good and put some thoughts to make our planet a better place by making it more green.

Below are some of the pics of the event and I hope you all will enjoy it. Thank you.

large.jpglarge (5).jpgGreat effort by this NGOGreat effort by this NGOlarge (1).jpgI got a medal...yehhhI got a medal...yehhhlarge (3).jpg 

Chandigarh Club, Sector 1, Chandigarh, India
2 comments
Level 10

Re: SBI Green Marathon @ Chandigarh on 11 March 2018

Hey my friend Lucky Luke @DhéèrajV,

Thanks for sharing this great green marathon. You have run well.

See you around 

Jul

Level 8

Re: SBI Green Marathon @ Chandigarh on 11 March 2018

Thank you dear @Julien44