kotamyoG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Request to fix name of this Buddha statue

Screenshot 2023-08-05 132402.png

Not acceptable name for world's biggest sitting (Mabel) buddha statue.
Please
May i request to fix name of this Buddha statue . it is called maravijaya according by government news channel post.They say that is world's biggest sitting (make by mable) Buddha statue at Nay Pyi T
aw ,capital of Myanmar. link is here 👉 Maya vijaya News 
Location is here.👉 https://goo.gl/maps/urnHkeK42ZTG1ojX7 
It is have been attacked . Someone apply as ownership of this place and change name and give incorrect name ( crying Buddha). That name is Not acceptable for Buddhism. No one owner of it, it's belongs to Myanmar people.
They still attack .they write bad / aggressive reviews and make aggressive questions . Go and Check it. It's clear that attack it by seeing how many they write review their past. I try to fix name to correct but it is denied and not acceptable at Google map.
So

Please fix name of this place from (crying Buddha)to correct name (Mara ViJaya Buddha).
Please report it . If you have abilities to fix or responsable for it, help us👏.
You may click at Google about Mara ViJaya for check me that am I true or not.
Thank you for all
I believe that Google map can give right information for all travelers.

- ✽မင်္ဂလာပါ✽ - I Live in ➜

✤✤ welcome to myanmar my contribution✤✤
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (Burma)
21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Request to fix name of this Buddha statue

Hi @kotamyoG 

I'm not sure I can help you. The Google Moderators here on Connect are usually off during the weekends. So you may need to seek help on this in the Maps support forum.

Hit the Community tab at the top and make a post. You need to attach or link to official documentation supporting the change you are proposing. Copyright-free governmental maps are probably the best proof you can attach. A government news channel story is normally not sufficient where I live. 

Without some official documentation, you will not be successful

This pin seems very new with only 102 reviews. Are there any real reviews in your opinion? I saw a few positive reviews, some of them clearly with stolen photos (that is as bad). The pin is actively subjected to a spamming campaign.

Where is the original and correct pin?

Would a solution be to remove the pin?

Cheers

Morten

Level 8

@MortenCopenhagen 

Thank you for your reply.

it is very new .it is starting open at 1st Aug 2023. this pin is real places for maravijaya pagoda .I thought that if you remove it(pin)and renew, it will be loose some good photo and positive review. otherwise, is could be merge two pin? . I will looking for some documents.please highlight my post to see moderator.

Connect Moderator

Arh, so the place just opened, @kotamyoG 

You did not answer my questions. 

Please also explain what you have done yourself to rename the place.

And also you need to specify the bad and the correct name in all the languages that you speak/write to help the Googlers fix this.

Cheers

Morten

Level 8

yes it is open new. I found it at social news that is change name and been attack. So I try to fix it. I noticed Name is correct at Myanmar language but in English are not correct.than I found Description of owner , it is written about politics by Myanmar language. and some review is bad. so I try to fix it. But I been denied.i just want to help for travelar.it is will be famous soon in myanmar.that is why I want to fix it.

Thank you 

Please understand to my bad English 

Screenshot_2023-08-05-16-08-09-777_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Connect Moderator

I deeply suspect the listing will be simply blocked for contributions, @kotamyoG , as I see a deep conflict in there, and the statue seems to simply the object of a deep fight between the actual military dictatorship and the opposition, @DeniGu .

With my tag, @kotamyoG , I invited a Google Moderator to escalate the situation to the team.

Level 8

@ErmesT 

thank for attention for my request .i am not involved with those two groups. i am just simple google local guide. I just let it correct and improves for map.i don't want diverge from mapmaker rules.

Thank you so much.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @kotamyoG 

I am not saying that you are involved.

I simply said that, when this happens, Google Maps should block the contributions on the listing. This is clearly mentioned in the policies : "We deploy many other tools to protect users from viewing inappropriate content, such as suspending UGC for specific places, geographic areas, and categories of places. These measures may be deployed reactively to counteract a spike in content that violates our policies, or proactively if we believe that they’re necessary to prevent content that violates our policies"

Level 10

@ErmesT  @kotamyoG  @MortenCopenhagen  Currently in Sri Lanka, there is a debate surrounding the Kurundi Ancient Buddhist Temple. One party claims that it belongs to Hindus, while the other party believes it belongs to Buddhists. Unfortunately, both sides have been known to manipulate information regarding the site. It's disheartening to see this happen, as the temple has been officially designated as a Buddhist temple and there is ample historical and archaeological evidence to support this claim. It's unfortunate that there is no proper channel on Google Maps to name and categorize monuments based on government documentation. 

In countries like ours, these are very sensitive issues. I think there should be a proper mechanism on Google Maps to handle this kind of issue. 

Connect Moderator

@AnuradhaP 

A very likely remedy exists. Google staff will likely disable users from messing with the data. Wait for Monday.

Cheers

Morten