Lurchie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recieved a private message requesting I edit a business

I received a private message  pleading with me to edit a business on google maps.  The person claims that the sale of a business is hinging on them being able to transfer ownership on Maps, and that attempts to contact google moderators have failed. This just screams scam to me, but I'm relatively new to Connect, so I figured I'd check it out. Has anyone had experience with this? 

The text of the email is below:

Subject: Please help me
Date: 08-06-2018 01:16 AM 

Hello Sir/Madam,

Sorry for messaging you.

we have a poor family business where we have a mango store with the 6 trees behind it. Recently we have closed that Business. And looking for a person to buy it, as we all know that technology is gone so far. Like all the people the buyer had asked me to share the location of that place in WhatsApp. I have sent him, after he saw that location he rejected the proposal to buy that store from us. because he is demanding us to remove our place name from that location so that he can again add that place with his own name.
I have suggested google that this place is closed. But it's still pending from 3 Weeks. the reason is Because i am not local guide with high levels and Google cannot trust my edits.

My parents are scolding me now because i have made my parents loss money.
I am going through depression and tensions and i even have SUICIDAL THOUGHTS.

As you are a Local Guide with high levels, You are a most trusted mapper by Google. Please do this to my place "suggest edits>remove place>place doesn't exist and then submit". only select as "Place Doesn't Exist" because from my side i have choosen that option if you choose another then google may start the review process again. By doing this the google algorithms or the google authorities will consider this as a trusted Edits and will remove that place immediately.

if you want to verify that this place has been added by me and not by any other user, then reply me back by asking me my account details. i will definitely trust you and share my account password and email id. after i share my account details you can log in and check my account's contributions in google maps.

LINK OF MY PLACE:- {Link removed}

You may think the above reason is a Sob Story but it's not a Sob Story.

if possible first select find facts and then choose my place and Google Will Definitely ask "Does This Place Exist Here?" then select "No".

If you are sure that the above edit cannot be applied then please mark it as permanently closed.

please reply me if you have done the above process.

17 comments
Level 10

Reply to private message

Sent: ‎08-06-2018 03:28 AM

Hi @shashi1506

I have sympathy for your problem but I am sorry, I will be replying you in public and tagg Google Moderator @ @NadyaPN @ErmesT@to check and try to address your issue (Please go through following private message send b @shashi1506 to me).

First, I am not that highly expert to solve your problem all alone and I have to take help of Moderator, in any case.

Secondly, I don't want to do any unethical transaction on behalf of you.

Third, let others also know how to handle such issues.

Moderators comments are welcomed on the subject.

Thanks.

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

Re: Reply to private message

Hi @VijayDesai

Thank you for the tag (even if I am not a Google Moderator)

You are free to not respond to Private Messages.

I can tell you that my standard reply is: please write a public post, so other people can be helped through the reply. 

Level 6

You are correct that it is best to solve problems through posts instead of Private messages, which should only be used in very special circumstances.

It is really stimulating to learn from others posts!

I am hoping someone will solve my problem with "Permission". Not being allowed in to a Discussion because I have insufficient Privilèges.

What are these Privilèges?

What makes for "Sufficient" privilèges?

Sure would be lovely if one of you Moderators could answer these simple questions.

I can't really move ahead with my connections until someone reviews my status and figures out how to satisfy the requirements 

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

Permissions

Ermest,

When you get home from your holidays, would you please help me to understand what these Permissions are, that I need? Permissions are required for what?

I keep getting them...the messages that I have " insufficient" of them..

Ok..What must I do to acquire these Permissions?

Seems so mysterious.

Hope you can help clarify this for me, when you get home.

Thanks Ermest and I won't bother, pester you about it until then!

Enjoy your holiday!

ChristineBrandon
Level 10

Re: Permissions

Bro @ChristyFromCanada

This is due to some upgradation work by Google Team, as mentioned in " Pardon our Dust " post few days back.

Happy Mapping.

Vijay Desai.

Level 8

Thank you for posting this. I received this exact same message and was unsure how to respond.  

Level 10

Re: Recieved a private message requesting I edit a business

Hi @Lurchie

About an hour back I have forwarded same message to Moderator @ErmesT 

It seems doubtful about it. So be careful.

Vijay Desai.

Level 8

Thank you.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Lurchie, @VijayDesai

Thanks for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps

At the end you will find indications about how to report a Local Guides in Connect. 

Tagging @GeorgesHR for reaching you.

Also you can report the message as inappropriate, giving in this way the permission to a Googler of reading it