Elenkies's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] - Ruta por el Parc Agrari 03/31/19

After having attended some meet-up organized by Barcelona local guides, ​​I decided to organize my first meet-up so that people know one of the areas that I like most in my city, the "Parc Agrari" (agrarian area) of El Prat of Llobregat.

The aim of this photographic meeting was to discover an area where agriculture continues to play an important role in the economy of the area, as well as to observe part of the "delta del Llobregat", a protected area of ​​special importance in terms of flora and wildlife.

Due to the unstable weather, finally we were 4 people: Anna @AnnaBcn , Laura @Laofdez , Anthony @Phunky  and myself.

----

The route started in the center of the city, and we walked to the countryside, along well-marked paths and towards the cultivation fields.

@AnnaBcn photo@AnnaBcn photo

At this time of year, the star and most emblematic product of the area is, among others, the artichoke. On the way we stopped at the farm of a farmer who was selling his fresh products and, some of them, freshly picked. As expected, we all bought fresh artichokes!

Artichoke field by @PhunkyArtichoke field by @Phunky

Buying some fresh products by @AnnaBcnBuying some fresh products by @AnnaBcnFresh products by @LaofdezFresh products by @Laofdez

We continue our route in the direction of the sea, where one of the viewpoints of the delta awaited us, the Torreta Mira Mare. From up there you have a panoramic view of the mouth of the Llobregat River, the agricultural park, the protected beach and part of Montjuïc and the port of Barcelona.

The viewpointThe viewpointPlanes taking offPlanes taking off360º by @Laofdez360º by @Laofdez

Locals windy selfie during my firts meet-upLocals windy selfie during my firts meet-up

In turn, by having the airport located right there, you could see over our heads how the planes took off.

Near this viewpoint there are two buildings from the 19th century that have been preserved as a cultural asset, the Caserna dels Carrabiners and the “Edifici del Semàfor”.

At the moment some parts of the buildings are well-preserved, but we can see how the years and the vegetation have begun to take hold of them little by little.

Caserna dels Carrabiners

This building located on the beach, served as a control unit for smuggling, surveillance of the coast and even salvage of ships and people.

The structure of the building is still preserved and, while walking through its interior, one can imagine what the work was like at that time.

Caserna dels Carrabiners - insideCaserna dels Carrabiners - insideCaserna dels Carrabiners - insideCaserna dels Carrabiners - inside11.jpg

“Edifici del Semàfor” [lit: Traffic Light Building]

Following the path, we find the second building, which we see appear between the tall grass and the sea, through a path enabled to access it.

This construction, and as its name indicates, served as a traffic light, that is, it regulated the maritime traffic of the coast through flags.

Edifici del SemàforEdifici del SemàforEdifici del Semàfor - insideEdifici del Semàfor - inside360º by @Laofdez360º by @Laofdez

Edifici del Semàfor by @AnnaBcnEdifici del Semàfor by @AnnaBcnEdifici del Semàfor  - outsideEdifici del Semàfor - outside

As we can see, a large part of the structure is well-preserved, but its interior has only been conditioned to walk through its walls and observe the sea as they did in the past.

To continue with the route, we headed towards the famous aircraft viewpoint. A place frequented more and more by spotters, since it enjoys privileged views of the landing of airplanes. But, due to the strong wind, that day they changed the routes of the planes and, unfortunately, we could not see any of them going by  ?

Getting back, we continue on a path that connects with the city where we could see some animals in the area.  ?

by @Phunkyby @Phunky

by @Phunkyby @Phunky

Finally, and well-deserved after 10 km and a 4-hours-route, we stopped to regain strength in the first and only bar between the agricultural park and the city.  ?

“To travel is to live.”
El Prat de Llobregat, Spain
15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [Recap] - Ruta por el Parc Agrari 03/31/19

Hola @Elenkies,

Ten en cuenta que he movido tu publicación fuera del filtro de spam. Algunas publicaciones se marcan automáticamente como spam y más información al respecto puedes encontrar en el artículo Why was my Connect post marked as spam?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hola @JavieraAu ,

Gracias por tu respuesta!

No entiendo exactamente el motivo por el cual mi post fue movido a spam, pero gracias igualmente por haberlo liberado.  (:

“To travel is to live.”
Connect Moderator

What a post @Elenkies 

Your cover photo, with 3 of the most exclusive backpack of the world (the fourth is yours), captured my attention. More than 1% of the Local Guides that attended #bestsummitever ( @AnnaBcn ) and ConnectLive18 @Laofdez  and @Phunky .

The place you visited is amazing, and it appears that "Edifici del Semàfor" is fully accessible. This is very interesting for me, I am always looking for accessible paths. Great photos indeed.

Congratulations Alumni

Level 9

@Elenkies hey it was a lot of fun that day. Thanks for the resumen write up. I hope to see 3 bags again this weekend. 

Former Google Contributor

¡De nada @Elenkies! 🙂 Como puedes ver en el artículo que compartí contigo, hay varias razones por las cuales un post puede ser marcado como spam. En tu caso lo más probable los filtros han marcado tu publicación como spam. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Nice recap @Elenkies beautiful post thank you for sharing with us....

Level 7

@Elenkies I hope this is the 1st of many other meet-ups. It was very well-organized and I had great fun. 

Level 8

Thank you for the recap @Elenkies  It was a great meet-up and we had a nice time. I enjoyed the whole route and also having the chance to see the airplanes taking off that close. I'm glad you liked the backpack photo 🙂 

Level 7

@Elenkies nice meet-up very close to nature. Really liked your photographs. All the best.

Greetings from India. Let's make Google Maps a better place for everyone for everything. please go to my profile and check out my post "Local Story of a Indian Local Guide" as well

Jay Sen