SagarDiary's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Kanheri Caves and Sanjay Gandhi National Park

Recently, I had the opportunity to join a meetup organized by Rohan sir, which brought together Google Local Guides for a fascinating exploration of Kanheri Caves within Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Here's a detailed recap of the experience:

March 3rd, 2024 - Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai

In Attendance: Local Guides from
Mumbai : @Shrut19 , @SujataTawde  @MayuriKubal @ModNomad @Shirish_Khai  @Bala_Chennai 
Pune@Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite @Harsha_rai  @karan_lalpotu 
Bangalore : @TravellerG                        Aurangabad : @Raj_Tayade 

Exploration at Sanjay Gandhi National Park:
Within the park, numerous signposts guided us to various attractions. Options for transportation included renting bicycles or taking a bus from Borivali Sanjay Gandhi National Park to Kanheri Caves The park was filled with childhood memories, and accessibility was ensured with wheelchair-accessible ramps, though space was limited.

Kanheri Caves Exploration:
Entry to Kanheri Caves required a ticket priced at twenty-five rupees. The caves showcased diverse architectural styles and intricate carvings, with signposts aiding navigation. Notable highlights included Cave number three, boasting a magnificent twenty-five feet high Buddhist idol carved in stone, along with inscribed articles and a stunning Buddhist stupa.

Guided Tour and Meetup:
Rohan sir provided informative insights during the tour, introducing us to fellow guides like Ajit sir, Tushar sir, and Sujata madam. The meetup concluded with an exchange of gifts and a delightful meal at the canteen.

Facilities and Amenities: 
Sanjay Gandhi National Park and Kanheri Caves provided essential amenities such as water counters, canteens, washrooms, Battery Car and direction indicators, ensuring a comfortable experience for tourists. Security guards were also present throughout the premises, enhancing safety. Accessibility 🚹🚺

Travel Details:
The journey began from Kalyan Junction railway station at 9:00 AM, where I met Shirish, and together we took a local train to Borivali via Dadar.
Upon arrival at Borivali railway station, we hopped onto a bus headed towards Sanjay Gandhi National Park, with an AC fare of 12 rupees.
We reached the park around 12:00 PM, where parking facilities were available.
Tickets were purchased at the gate for Rs 94 per adult for park, tack bus to cave Ticket Rs 6 And 25 Per Person For Cave Entry.

Conclusion:
The day concluded at 4:00 PM, and we expressed our gratitude to @Rohan10  sir for his exceptional organization and leadership. Reflecting on the experience, it was not just a journey of exploration but also a celebration of camaraderie among fellow enthusiasts. Best wishes were extended to Rohan sir for his future endeavors, and the memories created during this meetup will be cherished for years to come.
See U Soon......

Untitled.jpgIMG_20240303_130729.jpg

IMG_20240303_172010.jpg
Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Kanheri Caves and Sanjay Gandhi National Park

Hi @SagarDiary 

I just released your post from spam quarantine. Our filter is working to protect the community and you from unwanted content, but sometimes it's too sensitive.

Moderators are patrolling the quarantine to release the good post so, if your post has been rejected, don't post it again. Instead, reach out to a moderator for help.

For more information, please read: Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Cheers
Morten

Level 9

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Kanheri Caves and Sanjay Gandhi National Park

Thank You for helping.me. 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 10

Kudos, @SagarDiary! Your recap of the Local Guides Photo Walk Meetup had us reminiscing about the good times we enjoyed at Kanheri Caves and Sanjay Gandhi National Park. @Rohan10 deserves a round of applause for his stellar leadership! Thrilled to have been part of this adventure - let's do such meetups againagain! 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Connect Moderator

Agree with @ModNomad 

We had a great time during the Kanheri Caves meetup @SagarDiary 

I greatly appreciate that you traveled from far off to attend the meetup.

It was exciting to meet so many local guides and interact with them including you.

Let's meet again in your area in a meetup hosted by you, Sagar 😊

Level 10

Hello, my dear @SagarDiary ,

You are RECAP has come out very well!

Congratulations!

You have very well planned, drafted and presented this post - highly appreciate it.

I travelled all the way from Bangalore to Mumbai to attend this meet up... I found it very worth having taken all these steps to reach there. 

The affectionate regards received from our fellow LGs was amazing! 

Thanks to all for your support and companionship.

Best regards,

👍🌹🤝

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

सॉरी दीपक सर काही कारणास्तव आपले नाव टॅग करण्यास समस्या आल्या त्यामुळे ते नंतर पोस्टमध्ये लिहिण्यास विलंब झाला तरी सद्धा आपण वेळ काढून माझ्या पोस्टला उत्तर दिले हेच माझ्यासाठी खूप अभिमानाची आहे... @ModNomad 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 9

धन्यवाद तुषार सर आपली ही पहिलीच भेट होती आणि त्या भेटीमध्येच तुम्ही दिलेल्या मार्गदर्शनाचे मला खूप फायदा झाला आहे धन्यवाद.. आणि आता आपण भेटतच राहू पुन्हा पुन्हा यात काही शंकाच नाही.. @Tushar_Suradkar 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 9

धन्यवाद TG सर आपले मार्गदर्शन असल्यामुळेच ही पोस्ट परत बाहेर Live आली.. आपण दिलेले मार्गदर्शन मी सदैव लक्षात ठेवेल आणि यापुढील पोस्टमध्ये त्या सर्व गोष्टींचा पुरेपूर अभ्यास करूनच लिहिल.. @TravellerG 

Sagar Shivdas Kanherkar
Level 8

Very nice recap @SagarDiary You have written all details and covered nicely. It was a great meet up. We all enjoyed thoroughly. We should meet again and again in different areas. Thanks for sharing this nice recap.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel