KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Friendship Knows No Distance - Meetup with the Friends I've Known for Years 🇲🇾

IMG_20240512_193614_copy_3461x1743.jpg

Have you ever had the chance to meet those friends in person whom you've talked to a lot virtually, formed deep friendships with, and even gone out of your way to help, but never had the opportunity to meet in real life?

Just a few days ago, I had this opportunity. I met some of my best friends for the first time in my life, whom I've been friends with for 7 years, and from whom I've learned a lot since joining the local guides program.

I can't quite express the joy I felt because meeting dear @StephenAbraham, @Haseeb , most wanted @AdrianLunsong 😁, and other amazing people was something I've always wished for. I had met Haseeb before in Karachi and Malaysia, but every time I meet him, it feels like I'm spending time with him for the first ti

Among these friends are @SumaiyaZafrin  , @nabeeltirmazi  ,and @PavelSarwar , with whom I've had long chats, shared a lot, but meeting them in person for the first time was a strange and joyful feeli

This plan became possible by a Pakistani electrical cable company called Universal Cables to invite all its dealers from Pakistan to Kuala Lumpur for a convention and award ceremony. I am grateful to them for that.

As soon as we reached Kuala Lumpur airport, we were taken to Penang where I still have beautiful memories with my friend @OmerAli  , where we had to stay for 2 nights, and then immediately to Genting Highlands for another 2-night stay, which I'll talk about separately later. 

Returning from Genting to Kuala Lumpur, there was a lot of excitement because after 4 days in Malaysia, I was finally going to meet my friends, who were the essence and real purpose of this whole trip for me.

We reached our hotel Swiss Garden around 5 pm, and within an hour, we attended the award ceremony. Just then, I got a call from my dear friend Haseeb saying he had arrived at the hotel and was waiting for me downstairs.

If you don't know about Haseeb, let me tell you that he can be called the founder of the local guides community in Pakistan. Haseeb and other friends worked hard to establish the local guides community in 2017, and we are reaping its benefits today. If I truly consider someone as my teacher and mentor in the Local Guides program, then for me, it's Haseeb.

To make it easier for the local guides community in Malaysia to communicate, Stephen created a temporary messenger group. It helped us to coordinate with each other more conveniently. I want to appreciate his efforts to make this wonderful event happen.

Some Clicks of Beautiful Lalaport MallSome Clicks of Beautiful Lalaport Mall

According to the program, Haseeb took me to Lalaport Mall where I was supposed to meet my other friends.

I saw Stephen and Adrian sitting there together with beautiful lights shining around them. They were busy talking to each other. I hurriedly approached them and met them with great excitement. It was a very emotional moment for me because I was meeting these two friends with whom I had exchanged thousands of words in the past 7 years through chats and countless virtual meetings. These moments will be very memorable for me. (Adrian, especially I was remembering the video song and all conversations which we created together for 5th anniversary of Connect 😍)

I met Nabeel Tirmizi Bhai there, who is not only an excellent speaker but also someone from whom I always learn something new during our conversations.

Shortly after, Sumaiya, Pavel, and Zarjis Islam arrived. It was my first meeting with Sumaiya and Pavel, although we had been having quite a few conversations on different topics. Pavel had also benefited participants greatly with his insightful discussions during our virtual meetup series by @JaneBurunina and me  "Accessible Bangladesh" on accessibility and inclusion.

The Cage - Lalaport Mall Kuala LumpurThe Cage - Lalaport Mall Kuala Lumpur

We decided to have dinner at the Malaysian restaurant "The Cage Lalaport" in the same mall and continue our conversations there.

The restaurant was designed like a boxing ring, which I really liked. After ordering food, our discussion kept going, covering useful information about Google Maps, along with lots of laughter and jokes.

IMG-20240423-WA0110_copy_3533x1989.jpg

With Adrian, Stephen and Haseeb, going to explore the Malaysian food at Lalaport KLWith Adrian, Stephen and Haseeb, going to explore the Malaysian food at Lalaport KL

Before organizing this event, I was asked if I preferred going to a Pakistani restaurant, but based on my habit, I explained that when I visit a new country like Malaysia, I prefer to explore its cuisine first. Just like I did in Indonesia and Turkey. Otherwise, most of our electrical group members were inclined to stick to Pakistani and Indian food even in Malaysia, which, according to me, doesn't fully explore the culture of a place.

IMG_1585_copy_3493x2735.jpg

It was the best dinner I had in KL in this tripIt was the best dinner I had in KL in this trip

20240512_204942-COLLAGE.jpg

The buffet dinner was amazing, and my dear friend Haseeb Bhai sponsored the entire dinner. 

After dinner, we went to the ring area, put on boxing gloves, and took many fun and funny photos.

The amazing meetup ended with big hugs because some friends planned to meet again in the next 2 days, which I'll talk about in my next posts. Stephen Bhai gave me two bags filled with gifts that were really great, and I love them. Adrian also gave me gifts from Goloco, and Sumaiya gave me gifts which she brought from Japan through connect moderators, which were fantastic. I brought these beautiful gifts back to Pakistan with me, along with lovely memories.

CollageMaker_2024512191457765_copy_4096x4096.jpg

With Pavel  and Sumaiya, & presenting gift of Sindhi Ajrak to Nabeel bhaiWith Pavel and Sumaiya, & presenting gift of Sindhi Ajrak to Nabeel bhai

Connect Moderators with Ex CM Stephen AbrahamConnect Moderators with Ex CM Stephen Abraham

This was a big opportunity for me to meet these friends whom I've always dreamed of meeting. I hope, God willing, I'll soon get to meet all my other friends, either at an event or by visiting each of their countries one by one InshaAllah. It's really important to me to meet all my connect moderator friends and local guide friends because the time I spend with them means a lot to me.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
51 comments
Level 9

Re: Friendship Knows No Distance - Meetup with the Friends I've Known for Years 🇲🇾

That's a really great @KashifMisidia  congratulations for you and and for your old friend.

Connect Moderator

Re: Friendship Knows No Distance - Meetup with the Friends I've Known for Years 🇲🇾

Oooooh.. what is this amazing recap post @KashifMisidia ?!?! 😂 So great to finally meet you in person and thanks for your amazing friendship and support through the years!! The cover photo also reminds me of Avengers assembling to make the world a better place!! 😅 Thanks for this post and for the fond memories!! Also, it was really great to meet the other Local Guides who are based in Kuala Lumpur!!!  

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

Wow that's fantastic! I'm glad to know that you had a wonderful time with Local Guides friends in Malaysia! One more awesome meet-up and one more beautiful recap! Congratulations @KashifMisidia! 👏🏻

Level 8

@KashifMisidia maravilloso post! Sería un honor que nos puedan venir a visitar a la Argentina y ver este maravilloso país! Están todos invitados además felicitarlos por este gran encuentro!

Level 9

Oh wow so nice ,.thanks for sharing @KashifMisidia bhai,

How much lucky you guys are met in person really friendship is a gems 💎

Keep it preserved i can see @AdrianLunsong @StephenAbraham those are my virtual friend 🧡. 

Keep shairing and spreading #friendship. 

Regards 

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

Thank you @KashifMisidia  bhai for sharing this awesome  recap of your meet , with old friend you are very kind and helpful person , your friend  are too , this visit inspiring all of us to fly  to other country , and learn and understand their culture , food , manners and may more things . I hope you enjoyed your trip well . 

Again thank you so much for sharing with us  .

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 8

Wow this is awesome @KashifMisidia bhai. Glad to see you having fun with global Local Guides. Friends without borders.

Keep it up! 

Connect Moderator

Thank you 🙏 @Safdarrai .

Hope to meet you someday as well.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Betreff: Friendship Knows No Distance - Meetup with the Friends I've Known for Years 🇲🇾

Hello @KashifMisidia

wow, this is very amazing! 🤩 💐  

I'm really glad you all could meet on such a great day! 😊 ☀️ 

Thank you very much for sharing your great Local Guides Connect post with all these beautiful photos! 🤩 💮  

I wish you a great day! 😊 

Many warm greetings to you from Hamburg, Germany! 😀 🌟 🇩🇪

Chiara Maria Cervetta

Facebook|Twitter|Instagram