kasunaaa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Habarana - Galoya Blue Line meetup - 36 km of street view covered

I can imagine it would be challenging. In Australia we don't really have any large animals that cause problems in most areas of the country. Balancing the human needs with the environment we live in is always very difficult @kasunaaa 

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich I've heard that you have kangaroos and camels in Australia. I guess camel is the largest animal in your country. Balance between animal and human activities is very difficult indeed. Specially when we construct new roads through forests it separates lands of the wild animals. Specially it effects on larger ground animals like elephants causing accidentally break into villages. 

Kasun Silva                              

Guiding Star 2021   | Underwater mapping | Street View mapping
Connect Moderator

We have kangaroos and wallabies everywhere @kasunaaa you don't see them too often in suburbia but you certainly don't have to go far to find them.

Camels exist in the central deserts and are rarely seen away from there.

Our biggest animal would be the blue whale and sperm whale that frequent our shores during their breeding times.

Paul

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich Cool. 

No doubt that blue whales are the biggest animal on the planet earth. We do also have blue whales around shores in Sri Lanka. Blue whales can be seen around Mirissa (Sri Lanka) area through out the year even they are migrating animals.  By the way we are going Mirissa next Saturday for scuba diving. We may not going for snorkel with whales this time but some day I will. See this video a blue whale that I captured  at Mirissa couple of years ago.

Kasun Silva                              

Level 9

Wow! what an amazing RECAP @kasunaaa.

that day I was at Mahiyanganaya for a meetup and missed this. I can see you all had a nice time 🙂 keep paint more lines on GM

see you soon somewhere..

Connect Moderator

That is cool @kasunaaa you got whale tail 🙂

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich yes he finished its surface interval and going under for another 15 minutes saying see you soon!

Kasun Silva                              

Level 9

@IlankovanT  Thank you. Your tips always helping for the meetups. 

Kasun Silva                              

Level 9

@KatyaL Thank you for your encouragement ! I will share my future works with you. Tomorrow we are going Mirissa (down sounth Sri Lanka) for a diving.

Kasun Silva                              

Level 4

@kasunaaa learned  lot of things about localguides  and contributing to google maps. It was cool to know how draw blue line using 360 cmera. Thank you for educating us. Hope to contribute  more with my new 360 camera . I got inspired about  360 photography  from this meetup