Rahul001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[ RECAP ] : TRIVANDRUM LOCAL GUIDE MEETUP - 2024

cover photo of Trivandrum local guide meetup 2024cover photo of Trivandrum local guide meetup 2024

Finally TRIVANDRUM LOCAL GUIDE MEETUP - 2024 has ended. It was conducted by me, initiated by @nikhilinfinity who gave me idea to start a meetup which was needed to meet new local guides. Before I start to tell you guys how the meetup went and what local guides does in that day during meetup, I wanted to say thank you for @TravellerG who gives me needed information's to conduct and as a mentor. 

map pin with Napier museum's entrance.map pin with Napier museum's entrance.

HOW IT ALL WENT 

Well, meetup was conducted on May 12th, 2024 at Kanakakunnu palace, trivandrum, Kerala, India. Every meetup has to offer something new like new friendship and this meetup has also been like that. Two local guides had joined physical meetup : @nikhilinfinity and @Chackochhan . Nikhil resides at my hometown and Chackochhan from Ernakulam. Apart from every new local guides I met, these two lg has something to offer also.  

group  photo of the meetupgroup photo of the meetup

From top left [ one holding cap with local guide pin ] is Chackochhan and bottom left [ wearing a cap ] is Nikhil and other guy is me.

When I conducted my last meetup with @MICHAELMICKY120944 , Nikhil wanted to join but was busy at that time. He's reason this meetup has been conducted as he gave me a reason and idea to put up with this meetup. Nikhil is a type of guy you need to be with when you are travelling because he has ton of ideas of places to visit and how to plan.

In last two meetup, I got chance to meet local guides  outside of my district. If it happens, you would lucky to know news, ideas and other things that local guides can share with you. Chackochhan is kind of person who is correct on time. He travelled from Ernakulam to trivandrum which is 212km and yet came 15min before the meetup starts [ I was late, you can know by that ]. 

Check out Nikhil's and Chackochhan's local guide profile to know more about they effectively upload helpful information to maps. 

After we gather all up, we talked about how each of us does as local guide respective to our district. Each of us are into different areas of contributing which we focus into like Nikhil into travelling new places, Chackochhan's into food related and me into historical related places. It may be different but what we updates are important like wheel-chair accessibilities and parking.

We gone to Peni Ice Candy recommended by Nikhil which has flavorful ice cream I ever tasted.

Chackochhan, Nikhil and me trying ice cream at peni ice candyChackochhan, Nikhil and me trying ice cream at peni ice candy

It was 12am at that time and Chackochhan has train to catch, so we decided to end the meetup by having lunch at Noor Mahal Restaurant which has good tasty biriyani. 

having lunch at noor mahal restaurant.having lunch at noor mahal restaurant.

After refreshing from the heat, we travelled to Sreevaraham Temple Pond. But Nikhil has different plan for us. He bought us payasam and boli from Maha Boli which is famous for its hot payasam and boli. We all took each bite in front of the big pond.

trying boli and payasam in front of the pondtrying boli and payasam in front of the pond

By all means, it was one of the good meetup I conducted and meeting new people. I recommended all local guides to attend or conduct physical meetup as it will help you to make more local guide friends. It also have more contributing than a solo or online meetup.

ABOUT THE ONLINE PARTICIPATION

I also conducted an online event for local guides who can't attend the physical meetup and the winner of the event is @Tandrima2 from West Bengal. There's gift and it has been sent to Tandrima. 

HOW THE MEETUP HELPED

Trivandrum has seen fare share of upgrades like new malls, parks, buildings, roads and institutions. What attract most is that most business and shops has wheelchair accessibilities  .

wheelchair accessibility board and ramp at State library, trivandrumwheelchair accessibility board and ramp at State library, trivandrum

Top image translates to " A ramp for wheelchairs for the differently-abled has been arranged on the left side of the building. Ask for the ramp to be opened or knock on the entrance door." It is in Malayalam language because the building is a Malayalam library section or department.

wheelchair installed at Napier museumwheelchair installed at Napier museum

Wheelchair has been installed inside Napier museum and various wheelchair accessible toilet is present around the museum.

wheelchair acessible toilet present at  Napier museumwheelchair acessible toilet present at Napier museum

I think me and local guides that attended the meetup had contributed much more than they contributes as solo. This is why I gave much more important to physical meetup as it gives high probability of contributing more and that's why we local guide need to do. There's a meetup coming at Kochi, Stay tune for that. Thanks to @NareshDarji for letting me use the India local guide logo for the gift. I will update on the gift part after the winner got it physically. 

I personally thank every local guides that helped me through this meetup and by this I end this recap. Let's see you in next one.

@StephenAbraham @TravellerG @abrahamjoseph236 @Tandrima2       

connect accessibility challenge winner badge

LGBTQA+ SYMBOL

Kerala local guide gif

Indian local guide with Indian map

Indian National Flag

Trivandrum, Kerala, India
17 comments
Level 8

Re: [ RECAP ] : TRIVANDRUM LOCAL GUIDE MEETUP - 2024

Congrats @Rahul001🤝 &payasam😋

shailendraOjha

▶️
https://youtube.com/@googleguide_shailen13
Level 8

Congratulation for your successful meet up @Rahul001 

Very nice to read your meet up post and thank you very much for selecting me as a winner.

Level 8

Met two of the most wonderful people in trivandrum ♥️

Level 9

@Rahul001 

@Tandrima2 @ShailendraOjha 

Great job 

Since we could connect and make it a bigger one .

We missed your visit to India last time. 

@StephenAbraham 

Plan another mega Meetup 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 9

https://chat.whatsapp.com/F8umKv4aNNmCx0RxZ1BMfA

Join Kerala Local Guides team 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Connect Moderator

Congratulations on successfully conducting the meetup in Trivandrum, @Rahul001 💐🤝

The pond side appears to be a nice place in the photos. 

Level 10

Wow... Very detailed and informative RECAP, my dear @Rahul001 .

(Extremely sorry for being late - too much family commitments because of guests - kindly excuse me.)

First of all, very happy that the meet up was successful and meaningful! -  that too, our dear @Chackochhan coming all the way from Kochi! 

Highly appreciate the spirit and dedication, dear LG Chako.

The group photos are very live and shows the happiness you have shared during the meet up... great, dear LG @nikhilinfinity!

I am eagerly waiting to meet you all soon at Kochi. 

Hello, dear Rahul - we are really proud of you for your initiative and dedication by which you conducted this physical and virtual meet ups.

Congratulations to you also. 

For me, most of the places mentioned in your RECAP are familiar since I stayed in Trivandrum for many years. 

Once again thanks to you all for your participation. 

Sincerely with regards,

🤝❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Kindly accept my thanks and regards for supporting this LGs, dear friends...

@Tandrima2 @ShailendraOjha @Sariga and our dear Connect Moderator @Tushar_Suradkar - your comments and inspiration means a lot to these LGs... two of them are relatively new to this meetup.

Hello dear @NareshDarji , thank you for your kind support.

Bhai special regards to you all. 

🤝💝👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Thank you @TravellerG for your kind words. Looking forward to meet you at Kochi.

connect accessibility challenge winner badge

LGBTQA+ SYMBOL

Kerala local guide gif

Indian local guide with Indian map

Indian National Flag