Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Australia Day 2018 at Circular Quay Sydney

Nice to see your lovely recap @Justine2807 

I just love the amazing night shot 🙂

Level 10

@Justine2807 amazing! it was very interesting to read about Australia Day! thank you!!!!

Level 9

A great Recap @Justine2807,  with a fantastic description of the day and beautiful photos full of colour.

Very nice to see you with @Briggs.

I am really happy you got a great time :))

Regards fro the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

You both look great at this pic 😉

Sydney Australia Day at Circular Quay 2018Sydney Australia Day at Circular Quay 2018

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Justine2807,

The Australia Day 2018 and all of the events as part of it look really nice. I may join next time.

Cheers, 

Marin

Level 10

Hello @Sagir

Oh so totally captivating, enchanting, charming, delightful, interesting, exciting and all together absolutely fun! Yes you have got that completely correct as always! 

It will be a great thing if one Australia Day that you and everyone here can join us!

It is a spectacular event fill with magic, magic being love. Lots of love, skill, art, creativity, music, dancing, and so much more! 

Thank you for your kindness and support.

Cheers

@Justine2807

Connect Moderator

you capture every moment and share with us... very kind of you @Justine2807

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

Level 10

Hi @Surendra

Thank you for your kind words. It was a fabulous event all day from the morning when we arrived at 10am through to the finish after 10pm. There was so many excellents events on the water in Sydney Harbour as well as everywhere around Circular Quay, through The Rocks and all around Sydney. There was so much on and all so much fun and very interesting! 

Cheers! 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

@Surendra wrote:

Thanks @Justine2807 for sharing this awesome events with us.... happy Australia day !!!

@Justine2807 wrote:

[Recap] Australia Day 2018

Google Maps Local Guides Connect :

Australia Day at Circular Quay -

A fantabutastic event for all involved. Sensational events from start to finish.

I started with a ferry ride from Manly to the city. It is always a beautiful ride across the harbour, passed the headlands where the glorious seascape never ceases to take my breath away. Today, as most all days on the ferries, everyone is happy, enjoying the fun the Sydney Ferry ride, plus buzzing with excitement of celebration for Australia Day. Lots of flags and true-blue Aussie comradeship all round.

Level 10

Hello @BishowvijayaP

Thank you for connecting with this fabulous Australia Day Ceremony. The Aboriginal Culture is an outstanding wonderful culture who are always very kind in sharing with their community about their history and connections with the land.  The Aboriginal Smoking Ceremony at the Australia Day at Circular Quay was a beautiful event and very meaningful. We arrived as the smoking was still happening:

Australia Day at Circular Quay 2018

A smoking ceremony is an ancient custom among Indigenous Australians that involves burning various native plants to produce smoke, which is believed to have cleansing properties and the ability to ward off bad spirits.

I got a short video, we arrived there was a young musician playing and the smoking ceremony was in process before he went on, however you see the  a traditional tools, native herbs and smoke still happening while he sings. The smoking is still happening. There are some pictures of Aboriginals in traditional body paints as well. 

Australia Day at Circular Quay 2018 movie many thanks to Google Photos

@Justine2807

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

My heart is blown because of these cruises. 💗 I have inquisitiveness in 'Aboriginal smoke ceremony'. Please share a video of it if possible. Thank you so much @Justine2807 for letting us know about there. 🙂

Level 10

Thank you so much for additional info @Justine2807. With ancient history, we also have a similar day like this. But being far from home  I will not able to capture that moment which is going to happen in few days. I will find out similarities or differences between there and here.