AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Rating venues and writing structured reviews: version 2!

félicitations pour ta recommandation.

Je suis local 10 mais j'ai depuis 3 mois un énorme problème.

Sur mon compte principal-quand je poste un avis il n'apparaisse plus en ligne-

j'ai créé un second compte google, pour tester, je poste un avis il est en ligne immédiatement.

ce n'est donc pas la réponse " covid " qu'on ma fourni.

1700 avis - 95 millions de vues , je suis dépité, je ne comprends pas

Level 10

Thanks my @AdrianLunsong for this great post. It will help many fellow local guides.

You are always showing the good path!

Thanks for sharing !

Connect Moderator

@Thefrenchytraveler I had a look at your profile and I can't see any reviews. It just says that either you've not written any review or you've chosen not to show it! If you can, please show a screenshot of the review that you've written that is not being published publicly.

Firstly, I don't work for Google and this answer is strictly my personal opinion. I can think of two possible reasons for what you're experiencing. If your review is not showing publicly, chances are you have written something that violates against Google's content policy. Also, if you post the exact same review in a second account (please remember to delete the review if it's just a test) and that publishes correctly, then I would imagine that your main account may have a poor trust score which means your content may get flagged more frequently as potentially violating policies.

Side notes:

1. Be careful when you are using a second account as you can get into trouble if you're not using them properly. Always treat them as independent of each other e.g. one is for business, and one is for personal, and never mix the two. Also, never share content between the two i.e. don't post the same reviews/photos to both accounts. 
  2. I had a look at your photos and although I love them and you have obviously spent a considerable amount of time taking your 360 photos as well, you have to be very careful about uploading similar content. There are numerous places that you've uploaded to that I would consider as 'near duplicates' (that's a friendly way of saying 'spam' since I don't know exactly what Google considers as spam!). 'Near duplicates' are photos where the angles are just slightly different or if it's the same angle, it has a different lighting (if you've waited a while between shots). You should always pick your best from shots that are similar and only upload them. 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 8

Hi Adrian,

Your FAACTS process is quite impressive and methodical. Are you OK if I use this in my future reviews?

Level 10

Capture d’écran (282).pngCapture d’écran (283).png

Level 2

I wanted to know how my google business listing can be shown in organic search on the top of the list? I have created a google business listing that is Royal Prince Sports, that offers all types of sports nets in delhi and all around area through online website. I have tried searching in google by using "sports nets wholesaler", "sports nets exporters in delhi" and "sports nets suppliers in delhi. but my listing does not show. 

I have round a link of local guides connect in google map. So i want to know, how can i use of it? and how i can trying enhancing my business listing position in google map.

Royal Prince Sports
Level 8

RK2010

Level 8

13-11-2020

Bangaluru Karnataka India

Hi @AdrianLunsong .Thanks for ur great post regarding rating venues and writing reviews about the places..These are the most important aspects of the places We are going to rate and review .your guidelines will definitely helps a lot to the local guides community.    Thanks for your useful tips.

R.K

Connect Moderator

@mannugrewal Feel free to use it! And change it to suit your needs to if you feel that it's a bit too demanding! 😅 Also, if you're writing replies, it's best to use the @ to tag people so that they will get a notification! Hence, my late reply to you! Happy reviewing!! 

Oh, and we have a review challenge for the community at the moment which you can check out over here: Community Review Challenge. 😎

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

@royalprincesports Oooh.. I'm afraid that's outside my scope of knowledge. And also this forum is not specifically geared for that kind of query. Your best bet is going to Google My Business and getting their support there to help get your business in the search results. There are tons of factors to improve your ranking but that's not what we cover here.

Connect Moderator

You're welcome @Rk2010 I hope that you'll get to give it a try and see how it works for you!