LudwigGermany's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] Munich morning photo walk

As part of the Euromeetup 2023, @MortenCopenhagen had invited to a photo walk through the city center of Munich.

It was a very beautiful morning with bright sunshine. When I got to the Coffee Fellows meeting point, Morten was already waiting for us there. One by one all the participants arrived. We didn't know exactly how many participants we would have because the previous day at #Euromeetup2023 had a full program - until late at night. In the end, there were six of us: @MortenCopenhagen@Yasuyo@Shreeya_99@JanVanHaver, Zdenek and me.

caption: selfie with some Local Guides in action at the photo walkcaption: selfie with some Local Guides in action at the photo walk

@MortenCopenhagen is a wonderful teacher. He had previously prepared a tutorial on what you need to consider so that your photo gets featured on Google Maps with a lot of examples and exercises. If your photo is the featured photo for a location, it will appear in large size when the Google Maps entry is opened and you will get a lot of views for it.

But the first lesson was how to get to your Google Maps profile and find your photos and their views count. We learned a lot about the right lighting conditions, reflections in shop windows or poor contrast conditions when it is dark inside the place. Very patiently, Morten showed us the effects when we move in front of the place or when we tilt, pan or rotate the camera. Additionally he opened our eyes to the position of the business name in the picture.

caption: Morten is teaching about how to fix the lines of your photo correctlycaption: Morten is teaching about how to fix the lines of your photo correctly

There was a lot of time to practice and having fun together. If you're interested in improving your photos and getting more views on Google Maps, I highly recommend Morten's Storefront Photography Series.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

18 comments
Level 10

Ynt: [RECAP] Munich morning photo walk

Hi @LudwigGermany  iwas constantly following your social media and did a great job as a team😊👌🏻. It is very sad not to be able to attend this event, but next time I hope I can learn from @MortenCopenhagen 

Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Munich morning photo walk

Thanks, @LudwigGermany for writing and sharing this recap of the Photo Walk. 

All the best and thanks to all attendees including Zdenek.

Cheers

Morten

IMG_20230625_124858.jpg@JanVanHaver and @LudwigGermany 

IMG_20230625_101714_edit_68080312742735.jpg

@Yasuyo 

IMG_20230625_124815.jpg@Shreeya_99 

All the best

Morten

Connect Moderator

@MortenCopenhagen looks just as crazy photo mad as I thought he would be @LudwigGermany lol thanks for sharing :). Good to see you lot.

Paul

Connect Moderator

Indeed, he is! It is both: passion and craziness 😁 @MortenCopenhagen is a very charismatic coach.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 7

Thank you for sharing really nice recap @LudwigGermany 

I really enjoyed photo walk and learned lots of things from many teachers.

Thank you 👍

Connect Moderator

@MortenCopenhagen is passionate about photos on maps. I want to learn those skills, hopefully when we meet. 

Nice seeing @LudwigGermany in those Ts and @Yasuyo with the orange backpack! Reminds me of ConnectLive. 

Thank you for sharing. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this recap @LudwigGermany , It's great to see more about the EuroMeet-up

P.S. When I fist looked at the thumbnail I thought you were ice skating hahaha

Level 10

hi @LudwigGermany 

what a wonderful meetup.

its nice to see  @Shreeya_99 also attending the euro meetup

Level 7

Nice to see you again @EmekaUlor ☺️

It was really really nice lesson for taking picture.I definitely recommend you to take the lesson when you have chance !!