SumaiyaZafrin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] Local Guides in Ramadan virtual meet-up

A screen Short from the virtual meet-upA screen Short from the virtual meet-up

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone. I am super excited to share this RECAP with all of you. Local Guides in Ramadan was a Virtual meet up and it's all about Ramadan in your country, Ramadan's tradition, and special occasions during Ramadan in your culture, and how Ramadan is in the covid pandemic.

As many of you know that I was tested covid positive. Alhamdulillah after a long fight with covid 19 last week I have tested negative. It's been quite a long time since I didn't get a chance to meet with friends and family. I realized that I can organize a virtual meet-up and can meet virtually with my fellow Local Guides.

During the meet-up, we had a chance to introduce ourselves to each other. Due to the covid effects, I was feeling unable to speak for a long time and I asked for @PavelSarwar  support to start the meet-up. He shared about the unique tradition of Ramadan in Bangladesh. 

During the Ramadan period, followers of Islam overcrowd the mosques for prayer and take part in this festival. But covid 19 has changed this year's Ramadan observation in Bangladesh like other Muslim countries. 

Normally during Ramadan Bangladeshi towns and villages come alive with lights and decorations on the street, in shops and in the market. The recitation of the Holy Quran (Koran) by means of Tarabih prayers is taken very seriously by the Muslim community in Bangladesh. Special dishes are prepared during the Fasting of Ramadan, such as Jilapi, Piazu, Beguni.

During Ramadan, a wide variety of food items is prepared to take during Iftar. Some of the common iftar items from Bangladeshi cuisine include Shorbot, Piyajoo, Beguni, Chhanar Jolapi, Jilapi, Bundia, Cabbage Pakora, Cauliflower Pakora,  Egg chops, Potato Chop and juice items. There are some famous places in Dhaka city having a diversity of traditional Iftar. Chawkbazar is the biggest Iftar market in Dhaka. It has been offering Iftar to the Dhaka dwellers for over 400 years.

After that Local Guide @KashifMisidia  shared how he and Pakistani Muslims observing Ramadan. He mentioned that Bangladesh and Pakistan culture is quite similar, especially for the iftar item. He also shared many pictures during this virtual meet-up. 

Local Guide @doc_dells  @Nyainurjanah  and Devi from Indonesia, @StephenAbraham  from Malaysia also shared about Iftar Bazar, iftar Items and how they are usually doing during Ramadan.  We also discussed how tradition still is carried out in the middle of this covid 19 pandemic. 

At the end of the meetup, it makes a very fun meetup. Local Guides started to share their food pictures and that time after approaching Sagir.  Saidul, Pavel, Stephen and I were remembering our best Ramadan meet-up in Kuala Lumpur in 2019. 

Thank you, everyone, for joining my meet-up and  I am hoping that the world will be normal and we can meet each other. 

Dhaka, Bangladesh
16 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Local Guides in Ramadan virtual meet-up

@SumaiyaZafrin 

Thanks for the recap & thanks to @KashifMisidia for informing me but sorry saw message late but was lucky meet up was still going on saw yummy food share by u. 

In Mumbai also due to lockdown evening no light, nor we can go & have food on food stall all online order. Like last year this 2 nd year I missed the special falooda ice cream, Malpua  we get yummy but couldn't have this year also. 

Prayer to God this phase also go away fast we go an eat out at the shop... 

It was nice meet up. Take care of your health... 

Level 8

Thanks for hosted this meet up @SumaiyaZafrin 

Traveller and Social Activist.

Read my recent articles here
Connect Moderator

@SumaiyaZafrin 

I was full of fun during the virtual meet-up .

So glad you hosting and I can participate . 

Thanks for the recap . 

This second ramadhan for all of us feel so different but I know I'm not alone because happened all around the world . 

Let's together we make it more power more stronger .

Stay safe and warm regards from Indonesia

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @SumaiyaZafrin and @PavelSarwar Bhai for inviting me in such a beautiful meet-up, and also thanks to giving me honour to speak about Ramdhan in Pakistan in front of such a wonderful people.

Indeed it was a great and informative meet-up, after a long time I laugh alot.

A big Shukriya for providing me opportunity to show Pakistani Iftar virtually 🤩

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

@SumaiyaZafrin @PavelSarwar Thanks for hosting this meetup. It's nice to get together before Eid.

Connect Moderator

@RosyKohli  Thanks and wait for next meetup after EID

Connect Moderator

Most Welcome.
সামনে ময়মনসিংহ ভাষায় মিটা আপ হবে। অপেক্ষায় থাকেন। @NasimJoy 

Connect Moderator

Thanks, @Nyainurjanah  for sharing some wonderful local market photos. And next meetup will be more tremendous InshaAllah.wait for that.

Connect Moderator

Kashif vaisab shukria @KashifMisidia