IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Bakamuna Blue Line Painting

Making 360 street view coverage everywhere these days with our local guides and I'm also doing such coverage on missing street views using Google Maps street view application.

Bakamuna road towards Dambulla is surrounded by more scenic views and I saw there were missing street-view coverages on the particular section of the road then I have decided to cover the missing street view using my theta v 360 camera.

We two covered this missing SV on ta national roadWe two covered this missing SV on ta national road

Myself and @IsurangaD  have been to that place and then realized there were elephants along this road and many signboards of elephants have placed both sides of the road. So we were carefully driving the vehicle on this particular road and then I have taken my camera out and mounted onto the monopod and then started capturing the 360 videos.

It took some hours to upload though the SV mobile app and now it's on map. yes, it's published on Google Map.

Successfully published the missing SV on Google MapSuccessfully published the missing SV on Google Map
@ravindus@kasunaaa here's my small portion of blueline 🙂

Bakamuna, Sri Lanka
5 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Bakamuna Blue Line Painting

That's a very beautiful💚 road stretch addition to the Street View @IlankovanT . 

Did you meet the Wild Elephant 🐘 by that road who visits dumpster looking for food(Sad story) 

Keep painting the map... Together I believe we can cover the whole country..💙💙💙

Cheers...!!!

Connect Moderator

doiRe: [RECAP] Bakamuna Blue Line Painting

You are doing great job @IlankovanT , @IsurangaD and All Local Guides from Srilanka. The volunteer work which you are doing, will help millions of visitors here. 

Keep inspiring us brothers.

Shukriya 🙏 & Nandri

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Re: doiRe: [RECAP] Bakamuna Blue Line Painting

@ravindus yeh! We saw one at a garbage dumping site and Isuranga didn't stop the vehicle, yeh it's a little closer to the road. We will cover some more lines together.

@KashifMisidia thanks a lot and hope to cover more rods with my 360 camera 😊

Level 9

@IlankovanT Great work. This is not a small part. Each kilometer counts.  Lets complete Sri Lanka blue lines together. Yes we can do this

Kasun Silva                              

Guiding Star 2021   | Underwater mapping | Street View mapping
Level 9

Thank you, will do soon @kasunaaa 🙂