Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] - Accessible Pune #23 Shopping Mall Reliance Smart

I conducted this meetup on the occasion of the 5th Birthday of Connect.

This was my first accessibility meetup after relocating to Pune and overall 23rd Accessibility meetup having conducted 22 meetups previously 11 each in Gurugram and Delhi.

The meetup invite was published on AllEvents.IN and the location was the Reliance Smart Point shopping mall on DSK Vishwa Road in Dhayari, Pune.

Banner of the Meetup: Accessible Pune 24 Shopping Mall  conducted by local guide @Tushar_SuradkarBanner of the Meetup: Accessible Pune 24 Shopping Mall conducted by local guide @Tushar_Suradkar
Here were the goals of the meetup:

1. Check the accessibility of the main entrance.
2. Check the availability of ramps at the entrance.
3. Check the accessibility of the aisles in the mall.
4. Check the accessibility of the washroom/toilet if any.
5. Check the accessibility of the parking space.
6. Check the accessibility of the elevators.

Here are my findings:

1. Accessibility at the Main Entrance

The shopping mall has accessible parking in front of it as seen in this storefront photo where the DSK Vishwa Road is leveled-off with the parking space nicely to facilitate the entry of a wheelchair.

2. Availability of ramps at the entrance

A nice long and wide ramp is available to facilitate the entry of a wheelchair into the shopping mall.

3. Accessibility of the aisles in the mall

The aisles were wide and hindrance-free to easily allow 2 wheelchairs to cross each other.

4. Check the accessibility of the washroom/toilet if any.

I did not find any washroom or toilet for the customers so no check could be performed.

5. Check the accessibility of the parking space.

Here is the side view that clearly shows the nice ramps leading from the main road to the parking space.

6. Check the accessibility of the elevators.

The store being on the ground floor there were no elevators but there was one on the backside of the store for the store personnel to access and it was not accessible since the stairs leading to the elevator did not have an adjoining ramp nor any railings making it impossible to those with limited mobility to access the elevator.

Overall Impression

The accessibility features at the Reliance Smart Point shopping mall were very impressive, especially for the customers.

This meetup was part of the Accessibility for All initiative built collectively by the host  and Accessibility Champions in India including @KalyanPal and @PritishB 

Pune, Maharashtra, India
9 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] - Accessible Pune #23 Shopping Mall Reliance Smart

That's great @Tushar_Suradkar. Now your accessibility meet up will be very much helpful and useful to Maharashtra too. Very nice meet up details as usual.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar your Recap clearly explain the accessibility status of the place. Hope many more meetups on accessibility is coming from you in Pune.

Thanks for this recap.

Stay safe and stay happy.

#HappyGuiding.

Level 10

नमस्कार..

@Tushar_Suradkar  अरे वाह, 

@Rohan10 तू बरोबर बोलत आहेस, महाराष्ट्र आता झळकेल तुषार दादा च्या कामगिरीने ..

छान वाटत आहे, तुझ्या महाराष्ट्रातील प्रत्येक मीटअप मध्ये आम्हाला हि सामिल व्हायला आवडेल निदान वर्चुअल मीटअप मध्ये ..

Connect Moderator

Well done @Tushar_Suradkar 

Congratulations on your successful meetup.

Keep Contributing and sharing. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @Tushar_Suradkar 

Great Recaps my dear Accessibility Champion 🏆👍

Thank you so much for your well written Recaps with outstanding photos too!💙🤩

Have a great day my friend!!🌻🌻

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Level 8

Congratulations for the successful meet-up. Through your recap post, the accessibility area is clearly visible and accessible sign with ☑️ or describe more clearly.

Thanks for hosting such a meet-up on 5th Connect birthday.

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Level 9

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Thanks for sharing it accessibility of pune reliance mall great, due pandemic, we LG couldn't meet you.. But still u did it, that great, we are lucky to have u as mentor & still lot to learn from you on accessibility. 

Level 10

@Tushar_Suradkar wow..thanks for sharing this article for the community @KalyanPal Congratulations for successful meets-up 

With love & regards
JSharma Local Guide Delhi
#Local Guide India
Level 8

Nice accessibility meet-up recap post. Thanks @Tushar_Suradkar for holding the successful meetup.

Stay safe.

#LetUsGuide

#AccessibilityForAll