IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

[RECAP] A Photo-walk in Monaragala πŸ“·

It was my longtime wish to have a Meetup in the Uva province of Sri Lanka. Especially in Badulla district. Recently I got a chance to visit Monaragala. I grabbed this opportunity and planned host a meetup in Monaragala.

I reached the destination on time as always, but this time there was a new member who has not been a local guide all this time. However, he is a travel enthusiast and I have been admiring his photographs on social media all this time.

Sithija - New Local GuidesSithija - New Local Guides

He was asking about local guide program throughout the meetup and gathered a lot of information from us and he was impressed. There were three of them who joined us everyone was new.

Moneragala PhotowalkMoneragala Photowalk

Moneragala LG Gang!Moneragala LG Gang!

Then, I taught them all the important aspects such as adding places editing places and adding photographs the Google Maps. Almost every place they added were published at that time itself and they were excited to see them live on Google maps.

ContributionsContributionsNew Local GuideNew Local Guide

Also I taught them some simple techniques of photography such as capturing panoramic photos, capturing with grid lines, how to use 360 app on phone.

Even though they have not been local guides all these time, they performed really well. Also I introduced them the points systems and explained them the dos and don't on Google maps and local guides. We wound up this chilling meetup with a chilled soft drink.

Photography TechniquesPhotography Techniques

At the end, when I shared the details of my knowledge sharing session, few of them promised that they will also be joining us. Hoping for the best.

While traveling form Moneragala we saw 3 three elephants on road and those are really friendly.

@EelamHiphops_Kalai@Kitthushan, Sithija, Sharona Thanks for joining LG program πŸ™‚

More photos please check the Meet-up Album

Moneragala, Sri Lanka
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] A Photo-walk in Monaragala πŸ“·

@IlankovanT,

nice recap and β€žintroductionβ€œ how to involve new LG .

The elephant is of course the highlight πŸ‘

Thank you!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Thank you very much @TorMyes, we saw three elephants and it was blocking the road and asking for food. sometimes elephant will not move from the road until we feed πŸ˜›
but forest department strictly instructed public to not to feed elephants πŸ™‚

Level 7

Congratulations @IlankovanT for another successful meetup. lucky you met friendly elephants rather than aggressive once.  πŸ™‚ 

Level 10

Hi @IlankovanT,

I hope you are doing fine!

Great recap with nice pictures and beautiful videos! 

It must be a nice experience to see elephant in freedom. You must be used to it but for me it is exeptionnal!

Congratulations for introducing the program to newbies. As always you show the good pat!

Keep it up.

See you around

Jul

Level 10

@IlankovanT,

I forgot to add, we are fighting with my wife at the moment!

I want to go to Sri Lanka next August but she wants to go to South America!

It is not a big deal as the 2 places are unkown for us ;-)! 

Jul

Level 9

Yes yes @AsankaJayasuriya those are friendly. now I know where exactly they are.. they stand under giant trees and when they see vehicles started walking. I can take you in my car if you like πŸ˜›

Level 9

@Julien44 ha ha ha... don't fight!!!
cool idea.. make both. I will take you to some awesome wildlife area, you will see lots of Elephants, Leopards etc etc. 

let me know when you ready πŸ™‚

Level 7

Great. I will come next time, please let me know when you are going. I sure join you πŸ™‚

Level 10