Foodiefinders's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Prohibited and Restricted Content Help

There are nine areas given for when points might go down. It is only helpful if we know what we posted met which offense to learn to better post. Also it seems we should have an opportunity to challenge and edit 

9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Prohibited and Restricted Content Help

Hi @Foodiefinders,

I'm not sure I'm following. Can you share in more details? If you want to give useful tips to the Local Guides, please be more descriptive.

When posting a new topic here on Connect, please make your subject is as descriptive as possible so others know what they are clicking on and can find your post when searching Connect so you can receive answers/comments more quickly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

It seems the subject is this @MashaPShttps://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7400114, but I am not able to get the second part of your message @Foodiefinders.

So I am asking too: can you please share more details?

Level 8

I have noticed that my 'points' have been dropping. After some investigation, i learned that points will go down for a variety of reasons. First, it would be helpful as a local guide to know why my points go down to know the difference between a business closing and no longer being a reviewable site and if I have posted something that was deemed inappropriate. Secondly, it is that case that a review might sound like an ad to some readers, but it is simply a details genuine review that is misinterpreted by (whoever is reviewing our reviews), and I would like to have an opportunity to adjust a review rather than have points removed and have no idea why.
Is that a more clear explanation?
Level 8

Im looking for specific feedback when a post, review or comment is filtered out, rejected or omitted so I know what to better submit. I have had moderator's send me to generic link but it lists five things, none of which I thought might reviews might reflect. It seem more information to the guides would make better guides than moderators simply removing something they don't like for some unknown reason. (With so much about digital scrubbing in the news, it would seem that reviewing yummy places to eat and have fun with family and friends would not violate any policy.

Level 8

Also I have no idea with Marsha asked me for more information and then removed herself from the conversation without any feedback or suggestion. I was hopeful..

Connect Moderator

Hi @Foodiefinders

Most of the removal are made by an algorithm, that is continuously improving, or after a verification, when a content is reported as inappropriate. There are more than 50 millions of LG in the world, so I cannot really imagine a "moderator" that remove "what he doesn't like". People that is verifying the reported contents is trained, and apply Google Maps rules.

The strange is that a lot of people is reporting the opposite case, of not enough inappropriate content removed

Connect Moderator

You never tagged @MashaPS.

So she's not informed that you are responding to her @Foodiefinders

Moderators take part of a lot of conversation every day, so it is better to mention the person you are responding using the tag system (use @ before the username to generate a tag), to send her a notification

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Foodiefinders,

Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate any feedback. 

I just wanted to remind you that Google moderators are not able to respond during the weekend. The first response you are going to receive when posting during the weekend is on Monday, during our regular working hours.

In regards to your suggestions - We are not able to share the information you have requested, as your behavior may be genuine, but other Local Guides may use this information to abuse the system. @ErmesT already provided you with the right link. This link points you to the Google Maps Policies. Any violation of these policies will result in the contribution being rejected.

Regardless of my answer above, please feel free to submit an idea in the Idea Exchange.More info here - How do I use the Idea Exchange?

I noticed that your username resembles a business name. I wanted to remind you that participating as a business on the program is a violation of the Local Guides Program Terms and Conditions.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

It’s so complicated it’s no helpful