LadisicTom's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Please help! GSV photos changed location and now many of them are listed under one (wrong) listing

Hi guys, hope that someone could help me with this one. Ideally, a Googler to clean up the mess I accidentally created. 😞

What looks to me as Arabic letters on photos of the Marble cave listingWhat looks to me as Arabic letters on photos of the Marble cave listing

I just got back from vacation in Istria, Croatia where I have visited Špilja Mramornica (eng. Marble cave). I captured 10+ 360 photos (without GPS as it was underground) that I have uploaded to GSV. I had a problem finding the right location in the app but in the end, found it. Or so I thought I did! Photos from the cave are now shown in the right location on the maps, correct listing, but with a location name that to me looks like Arabic letters instead of the one of the cave location. Which makes no sense. My account is in eng 😞

Furthermore, 18 of my previously added 360 photos ended up in this location. I guess that, when I clicked on "Select all" to add/edit location to new photos, I was still in the "root of my GSV photos" and therefore selected not only photos from the cave but also my other older 360 photos listed below. All my older photos had GPS coordinates from different regions in Croatia, but now, they are all listed as part of 360 photos from the cave in Istria regardless of theirs original location.

Clearly not from the cave but now it's part of photos from that locationClearly not from the cave but now it's part of photos from that location

Since there is no "Undo" button in the GSV app, I guess it's faster to just delete those 18 photos that ended up as part of the cave because I don't think I will be able to find all the right locations again. Is there something you can do on your end to revert my changes to older photos? 😞

Thanking you in advance!

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Please help! GSV photos changed location and now many of them are listed under one (wrong) listi

Hi @LadisicTom 

Looks like the place was originally created in Arabic, so that the location appear with that name, including the photos from the owner

ermest_1-1627377588827.png

ermest_0-1627377496198.png

Regarding the wrong association of some photo, you can always change the association of the business listing by using your GSV App, to move your photos back to the correct listing

As you asking for the help of the community, it would be better to use the How Tos label instead of the photography label, for others to find your post and reply. You can change the label by simply making an edit. Press the three blue dots on your post then click on "edit". Edit your post - Why and How To wil guide you

Level 7

Re: Please help! GSV photos changed location and now many of them are listed under one (wrong) listi

Hi @ErmesT,

thank you for your reply.

Regarding Arabic name of the place, I only see it in Arabic in GSV app. Not on Google Maps. It's hard to select the right place for someone who can't read or speak Arabic. We don't speak Arabic in Croatia 😞

I have tried changing locations of my older 360 photos. For place "كهف مرامورنيكا" on my profile, there are 27+ 360 photos. When I click on that to see all 360 photos listed under "كهف مرامورنيكا" (or Marble cave) there are still photos for which I changed place a few days ago. New (corresponding) location is visible in GSV but photos are still nested under Marble cave listing. As you can see on the screenshot below, photos from more than one location are shown for one place. The second location (Olivo Istriano | Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil) is correct for those photos but you can't find it on their listing on Google Maps. Those photos are still part of the Marble cave regardless of changes I made to the location.

IMG_1017.PNGIMG_1015.PNG

Thanks for the heads up. I have changed the thread label to How Tos.

Connect Moderator

Well, regarding the name of the place in Arabic language, my tip is to report the issue on the Google Maps Help Community for them to escalate the issue

I am sure you know how to change the listing association of a 360 photo

ermest_0-1627381284841.png

I see that some of that are now on the correct listing. You should try to move the photos one by one, to avoid any selection mistake

ermest_1-1627381592545.png

Level 7

Hi @ErmesT 

Sure I know how to change the listing 🙂

Just checked Olivo Istriano listing on desktop and in the Google Maps app. Looks like I can't see those photos on the desktop but they are visible in the app.

Let's assume it will take a few more days for all photos to be visible on all devices.

Ok... so there is no other way than to change locations one by one on all old 360 photos 😞 I was hoping some moderator could revert changes as this is really tedious job with no indication that the move has been done right away.

Hope there will be a desktop GSV app soon for cases like mine.