Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Places doesn't show in Offline Maps

Hellow Dear Local Guides fellows and support Team!

I have downloaded my city as offline Maps in Google Maps App, i am using Samsung J7 2016 with 7.O Android version, i was using and enjoying this amazing feature but unfortunately from few weeks i am unable to find labels of all places and roads in offline mode in default view, even when i drop a pin at any place without data connection, the red drop pin doesn't shows, have a look at screenshot for further details, when it connected to wifi or data connection labels of the places start to show, in past offline feature was working so fine in my Smartphones, i have also updated it from Google Play Store but still facing this issue, kindly help me to come out from this issue

Regards
Ata Ur Rehman

ScreenshotsScreenshots

Gujranwala, Pakistan
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Places doesn't show in Offline Maps

The offline data does time out @Anonymous have you tried downloading it again? Maybe Places time out before Streets and Navigation do?

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous Offline mode is really about navigation and basic elements. It does not download all of the data including places for the Maps. It will bring down some but definitely not all. You'd need a phone the size of Google for that :).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulPavlinovich thanks to reply, before some weeks, i was able to see all places in offline mode inside my dowloaded area but i am facing this issue just from 3 weeks ago approximately 

Connect Moderator
Solution

The offline data does time out @Anonymous have you tried downloading it again? Maybe Places time out before Streets and Navigation do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulPavlinovich thanks to guide me, offline Maps haven't expired yet but i have downloaded offline maps again so issue was resolved, i have marked your comment as Solution

Regards

Ata Ur Rehman

Connect Moderator

It is great that this seems to have worked @Anonymous thanks for letting me know, it'll make helping the next person easier :).