Snixells's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Pictures don't show up on google maps

Hi there, 

I love taking pictures for google maps and sharing them with the world. The Problem is that i uploaded about 20 pictures of different sights a week ago and they just don't show up on Google Maps.

If I click on my profile they show up, but If I view the places on Google Maps they don't appear...

I really hope that you can help me because I want to upload even more images, but that doesn't make sense if nobody can see them on google maps....

Looking forward to your answer.

Thank you. 

11 comments
Level 10

Re: Pictures don't show up on google maps

Hello @Snixells

I Understand your issue, but if you provide a link of your contribution page so we understand better.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 5

@iDepp Thanks for your fast answer!

Here is the link : https://www.google.de/maps/contrib/102208446170119972473/photos/@50.9431953,8.6834666,8z/data=!3m1!4...

Today I tried to reupload some pictures that's why they are published today...

Some of them show on GoogleMaps, some are not. 

I really don't unterstand the system behind that. 

Would be great if you could help me!

Level 10

Your Contribution link shows only 13 photos ! @Snixells

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 6

Duh iDepp, that's the point. 20 pictures uploaded, only 13 visible... so why? 

Connect Moderator

Hi @JonathanHS

A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

You are replying to a post that is 8 months old

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 4

Same problem here, I uploaded lots of pictures for a place but only one or two are showing up on Google Maps. If I click on my profile, they all show up (for me, if I'm logged in).

Former Google Contributor

Hello @FamKis,

Contributions can be marked as private by Google when they are in violation of our policies and are visible only to you. Private reviews, edits, or photos do not count toward your Local Guides level. 
Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 4

Thank you, I will check and re-upload if applicable.

Level 8

@NadyaPN   how would we know when Google marks a contribution as private?  Does Google notify us when a contribution has been marked as private? 

Help us learn if we inadvertently go against protocol.

I sometimes see my pics underneath my reviews but not all my pics show on the POI's Photo Tab or vice versa.

@NadyaPN wrote:

Hello @FamKis,

Contributions can be marked as private by Google when they are in violation of our policies and are visible only to you. Private reviews, edits, or photos do not count toward your Local Guides level.