Dave-XXL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Physical Locations in wrong place on map.

I am very frustated. There is a marker for a beach "Playa Del Playazo"

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Playa+del+Playazo/@36.7425128,-3.9128168,19z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s...

which is clearly in the wrong place. Looking on streetview the sign above the beach says "Playa del Vilches" but maps does not let me change it. The real "Playa Del Playazo" is marked as "Playa Playazo Rio Seco" or "Playazo Beach".. 

I recently had trouble finding a Restraunt because of this. I assume it can't be fixed.

Nerja, Spain
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Physical Locations in wrong place on map.

Hi @Dave-XXL 

Beaches are elements of the Map Layer. Local Guides cannot edit that layer. Only Google Maps team can.

We have two option to report this issue:

• Through the "Help and Feedback > send a feedback" that you will find scrolling down your menu on Google Maps App. With the feedback you can report an error in the maps. For more details you can read: Report an error on the map. However, when the error is about the name or position of a place in the Map layer, it is better to follow the next option
  • By writing on the Google Maps Help Community . Please make sure to attach an official (governative) map to your report, for them to have a document to support your request

Please also keep in mind that this kind of changes may take time, because a lot of information, addresses, etc., are attached to the location of a place

Level 7

Well attaching an official map map not be possible, but the local council beach sign with the correct name can be clearly seen on Street View.....

Connect Moderator

You can try, @Dave-XXL , and see what they will say on the support forum.

I can't obviously respond on their behalf.

Good luck