cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo Tips - Manual Photography - 1 - TravellerG

Hi.. dear all..

Let me make a point clear..

Question: What will be the aim of these series of posts?

Answer: Very clear & Simple = Mastering of basics (entry level) of photography, keeping mobile phone cameras, mainly in mind.

Achievement:  We all (many of us) should be able to contribute photographically better photos in our Google Map, and help our 'New Comers' to keep/ maintain/ improve the quality of the sites.

@DeniGu @VasT @NareshDarji @Sbrown @NandKK @Shrut19 @NirmalTeja @MohanVee @avivabdu 

@AbdullahAM

So, we discussed:

1. Aperture
  2. Shutter &
  3. ISO

Along with the above 3 Parameters, the following terms are also important (& Essential) to use ‘Manual photography’ or even, to take good photos. Once we have the basic clarity of these terms, it will be easy to start doing research in “Manual Photography”.

They are only few and very easy to understand (No prior Photographic knowledge is needed)

1. White Balance (already explained) (Post-1 Here, Post-2 Here)
  2. HDR (already explained, Here)
  3. AF = Auto Focus – (with Metering)
  4. AE = Auto EXPOSURE & EV = EXPOSURE VALUE (with Metering)
  5. Filters
  6. Timer
  7. Picture Size (Resolution)
  8. Image Stabilisation
  9. And few other less important terms, which we can discuss later..

Here is a humble suggestion… Can you please try.. One Night shot?  Please.. let it be in Auto mode..

Here is a shot from Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu, India (A hotel frontage)

This shot is taken in Samsung S9 Plus with f=1.5, shutter=1/10 Sec & ISO=500 {ISO-500 is given to improve overall Ambiance / Lighting}. I won’t say this is excellent, at all… just a try..

Eagerly waiting for your shots...

Note:

Where & how can you view the Aperture, Shutter, ISO etc (EXIF Data) of a photo in Mobile?

• Go to Photo gallery
  • Open your photo
  • Mostly right top, there will be a round button with ‘i’ inside, the circle.
  • These details will be visible

Please try.. it will be interesting… This can be your return gift for me... what do you say????

Thanks,

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu, India
13 comments
Level 10

Re: Photo Tips - Manual Photography - 1 - TravellerG

Level 10

Dear, mighty contributor, dear @LucioV,

As usual, I fully appreciate your comments.

Kindly Forgive me... Please 2 minutes..

with more than 30 years of Professional experience, many times, I shoot in "Auto" (in Sony Alpha 7 / Pro & Semi-Pro Series cameras), as they do a decent job, provided you are careful in framing.  After all, what we want is an Excellent Quality output - I have tried to better their result (algorithm), with our manual editing -  At least, I do not find the value for time we spent, except in critical & paid (Pro) shots; hope you will take these points, in the right spirit.

Sincerely

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 5

HI @TravellerG

What is this for? Why did you select me?

Level 10

Dear friend, as I saw you interested in photography, I tagged you, so that even you can have a glance at other topics, I have discussed / posted - if not interested, just inform that you may not be interested & I shall surely ensure that you are not tagged, in future.

In this forum, to best of my knowledge, this is the way we grow & get to know others and their contributions.

If interested, I shall send you more details,

Best of luck,

Thanks

Level 9

Very informative post sir.

Level 7

its a really nice photo @TravellerG..keep going

Google Moderator

Hi @TravellerG,

This is a really interesting challenge! Here's my submission:

Caption: A photo of plane trees, taken from below, near Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The trees are illuminated by orange light (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A photo of plane trees, taken from below, near Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The trees are illuminated by orange light (Local Guide @DeniGu)It's not the best shot, but it's the most recent that I have. The photo was taken with Redmi4X Xiaomi, with f/2.0, shutter speed 1/13 and ISO2603. And I saw all this in the EXIF data, which you explained so well in one of your previous posts!

What are your tips for taking photos in manual mode? ?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

WOW.. dear friend, @DeniGu,

1. Surely, an excellent Shot..!!! Particularly, at 1/13 shutter speed, if it is a " Hand-held-Camera" shot (meaning, you have not used a stand), then I am sure, even our @LucioV & other senior photographers will agree...! You have an precisely steady hand & the shot explains your liking for photography - 👍

2. By God's grace, I (along with @Saravanakanth) was lucky to attend, ALL THE 4 DAY'S of the 360° Photography World Wide Meet-up, (which ended few hours back only); hence the delay in reply.

3. I sincerely thank you for your good heart to contribute - appreciate the motivation.

4. After explaining, "Auto-Focus" in the Photo Tips, series, we shall surely try to post very practical & useful tips / how-to-s, on Manual Mobile Photography, thanks again for your suggestion & motivation.

5. Also hope you will find some time to see this post on AE & EV

Regards

Google Moderator

Hi @TravellerG,

Thank you for your kind words! I didn't use a stand, I needed to stay really still to not blur the photo. Is there a way to shoot clear night photos, without blur or too much "noise"? Do I need some special equipment?

Hope you'll share your recap of the 360° Photography World Wide Meet-up with us. It'll be interesting to learn about your experience. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!