TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo Tips - White Balancing 2 - TravellerG

Hi Dear all..

@DeniGu @StephenAbraham @NareshDarji @JohnPeter @Saravanakanth @SalmaanN @Shrut19 @nkwetche @Eire27 

MPORTANT: I strongly recommend beginners to use, "Auto White Balance", in the beginning. First let us understand, all the pros & cons – then, start with manual adjustments - thanks.

Note:

Our @JürgenR had raised a genuine and good question (here, if needed):

But knowing it this way is simple: Traditionally & in Photography, we take Blue (Towards 2,000 K) as cool and Red (Towards 12,000) as warm; (but, in Color Theory, it is opposite – Ref Google, Wiki for details, if needed – kindly do not get confused.).

The Photos published in the previous post were taken in Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus: The following are the “Settings” of the two shots. Kindly notice the Color and & the Readings:

The following Pic is of Galaxy S9 Plus, Camera in Manual Mode with Maximum Cool (Blue)

Maximum Warm (10,000 K)

And lastly, just to touch: The following are 'Color Cards'  {Black, White & Grey} used by Professionals to "Standardize", colors, especially in Videography. (Details, later)

Interested to read the previous post? it is Here

Note:

Now, we will be handling, the most important Topic:

"Manual Mode Photography"

What are the Parameters, how we can optimally (but, practically) use in day -to-day photography.

Have you noticed few pictures above the shutter button (1st & Second Photos)? These are the elements & Parameters - will explain, in simple words, for you; get ready to take trial shot for each post & you publish, with your comments.

Get ready, to take Photos, in "Manual Mode" .... like a "Pro" .... Cheers.....

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

16 comments
Level 5

Re: Photo Tips - White Balancing 2 - TravellerG

très intéressant, merci.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @TravellerG,

Thank you for your useful and educational post.

It's great how you transform the academic knowledge into a simple explanation. I've learned about white balancing in the high school, but it was an useful refresher for me too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

You have a great knowledge about photography @TravellerG

I've learnt lots of from you. Thanks for sharing this informative post. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Namskar.. @TravellerG

Continuously and More Knowledge

Sharing you Specialy For beginners to use in there Photography Auto White Balance Tips..

Thanks for Sharing..

And Keep Sharing.. 

Regards From Mumbai

Level 10

Thanks to know that the post was interesting

👍

If time permits, pl see the previous post here

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

It was very kind of you to go through the post; Thank you dear friend, @MashaPS

I know you are a busy person, but I humbly request you to have a glance at the following posts, also (when time permits). After seeing, could you kindly suggest me, how to get these posts to reach to a wider, actual users / readers?. I hope these series can help, especially new Local guides, to improve the quality of the photos, uploaded in Google Maps.

Once again thank you.

1. Leading Line Photography - Here

2. HDR & HDR+ Photography - Here

3. Mysore (India) - Here

Hope, I am not troubling you.

Level 10

Thank you dear @NareshDarji,

If you could find time to read these series, it can give you many more practical details,

Regs

Level 10

Thanks, dear @Shrut19

Future posts also can definitely contribute, more

👍

Level 8

Another great informative post, @TravellerG. Looking forward to learn more and more from your post. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides