antonisa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

People finally do not attend to meet ups

That's bad ! 

More than 90% of people said that are going to come do not even appear ! 

Any suggestions ? 

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: People finally do not attend to meet ups

Hi @antonisa, i know what you mean 😞

My suggestion, when organizing a MeetUp is to involve the partecipants in the organization of it:

• make a detailed project of the MeetUp, not just a generic indication of it
  • Open a communication channel, here in Connect, or in a private chat with Hangout or other social, to be in touch with the people that declare to attend
  • Give them something to do (the stickers, or everything you like)

In this way you will have a more effective feedback. It doesn't mean you will have more people, but at least you will have a clear indication of who will really partecipate.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @antonisa, i know what you mean 😞

My suggestion, when organizing a MeetUp is to involve the partecipants in the organization of it:

• make a detailed project of the MeetUp, not just a generic indication of it
  • Open a communication channel, here in Connect, or in a private chat with Hangout or other social, to be in touch with the people that declare to attend
  • Give them something to do (the stickers, or everything you like)

In this way you will have a more effective feedback. It doesn't mean you will have more people, but at least you will have a clear indication of who will really partecipate.

Good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@antonisa I completely agree with @ErmesT involving the people in your community in your meetup planning is essential for a successful meetup. I've learnt from experience, not to rely solely on registration. Send a message to every registered member on connect and try to start a line of communication. Things are easier now, in the old days we didn't have connect to work with it was more difficult to get in touch with people who've registered. Now however, its pretty much easier. By sharing some responsibility for the meet up, you get some insights as to how many people are really showing an interest. Another thing is inviting guests and asking registered members to invite some guests while coming if you're okay with that.  It's a work in progress kind of thing. But it does get better like wine.

Level 10

@antonisa This is common, I have hosted about 10 meetups and except in few this was the case. Now, for me, if there are two including me that is ok. Do not worry too much about it.

What @ErmesT and @Anonymous suggested are good tips. I have done those things and I had the mix results.

Now, if I con not participate in a meetup hosted by some other local guide I am telling the in advance that I won't be able to come. This is the only thing I can do. 🙂