Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Peculiar sports

Definitely Strayan @CaptainHook 🙂

Connect Moderator

That's it @JeslynL I think both of the sports are a good indicator of what we humans do when we want to have fun. Nothing gets in the way of a good game 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hello to all,

I had a good laugh at what @JeslynL showed. I never knew this existed 😄

My top peculiar sport is Curling. I know Curling is very famous and is part of the Olympics this year, but I just dont get it.

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Made my day.

@JeslynL wrote:

I'm surprised no one mentioned hobby-horsing yet! Hobby-horsing didn't start out as a sport but has recently became one of its own kind in Finland, and it's Former Prime Minister acknowledges it as a "great new sport" too. 

Catch a glimpse of what hobby-horsing is like! (Note: This video does not represent my opinions or thoughts about hobby-horsing.)

It is both peculiar and intriguing to me. 

Level 8

Ever heard of Hu-tu-tu, @Surendra@BishowvijayaP ?

The name must be different but I think the game originated in Asia. In its sporty form you have two teams on a field divided in halves. The players try to capture the adverseries by touching them on the opposite half and coming back on their own before their breath runs out - otherwise they are captured instead. Not running out of one's breath is proven by constantly making hoo-too-too-too-too-too sound.

Level 8

@CaptainHook @BishowvijayaP yap it is called kabbardi here in nepal all the rules are same except we make kabbardi-kabbardi sound continuously :)))) 

@CaptainHook wrote:

Ever heard of Hu-tu-tu, @Surendra@BishowvijayaP ?

The name must be different but I think the game originated in Asia. In its sporty form you have two teams on a field divided in halves. The players try to capture the adverseries by touching them on the opposite half and coming back on their own before their breath runs out - otherwise they are captured instead. Not running out of one's breath is proven by constantly making hoo-too-too-too-too-too sound.

Level 10

हु तु तुतुतुतुतुतु.... 😀😀

Let's enjoy Kabaddi @CaptainHook@Surendra

Level 8

@CaptainHook wrote:

@colinchaffers wrote:

Britain invented: Football, Rugby, Cricket, Snooker, Baseball, Table Tennis, Bowls, Curling, Squash and probably a few more

...and the list goes on and on. You probably aren't Scottish when you don't mention golf. Britain is a weird sports factory! Some of them are not that strange, however. Is there any peculiar tradition in your county, @colinchaffers?

I just forgot the wee sport. Most of the sport do have strange history, like football started off by kicking run a sheep's bladder about.

Morris dancing is one of many traditions in the UK, it will probably be an Olympic sport by the end of the century.  

Level 8

@CaptainHookand "throwing the welly", "tossing the caber" 

Level 8