Lanier's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Offering to reduce their fee in exchange for writting a 5 star review

DISCOUNTS   I was looking for a local minister to officiate my wedding ceremony. A local service offered to reduce their price by $20 in exchange for me FIRST writing a 5 star review of them on Google. After reading their reviews, it looks like this has been going on for a while. I have a screen shot of this offer.  Isn't this type of thing against Google policies?  I really felt offended.  How can I write a review before I have used their service?  What should I do????  Can someone please tell me how to proceed. 

Memphis, TN, USA
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Offering to reduce their fee in exchange for writting a 5 star review

Hi @Lanier

Thanks for reaching us. Being paid, or receiving a discount, for writing a review, is against the Program rules

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

Please do not post private contents in here, you only need to tag a Google Moderator (like @Atsukot), and you will be contacted

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

Re: Offering to reduce their fee in exchange for writting a 5 star review

Thank you so much! @ErmesT

Thank you @Lanier for letting us know. I have reached out to you via private message with more details about sharing such information with the team. Please check your inbox. Thank you!