ofsanjay's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Nine-day Pune Book Festival (The National Book Trust)

The National Book Trust, in partnership with the Pune Municipal Corporation, hosted a festival at Fergusson College from December 16 to 24. We had the pleasure of attending the event on December 17, 2023. The atmosphere was vibrant and the crowd was impressive. It was heartening to see such a large gathering of book enthusiasts. Their passion for literature is truly commendable.

Feggurson College entranceFeggurson College entrance

Pune Book Festival RangoliPune Book Festival Rangoli

At the Pune Book Festival, a handcrafted rangoli welcomes you with warmth and traditional charm (हिंदी).

entrance of Pune Book Festival Area.entrance of Pune Book Festival Area.

Upon entering the Pune Book Festival, you'll encounter a large tent housing multiple book stalls. Crossword has a prominent book stall at the front entrance. However, I recommend exploring other stalls as well, as they offer a wide variety of books.

After we walked in, we noticed artists on the left side near the entrance. Some were sketching, while others were sculpting people, all being filmed by the visitors.

Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj JiChhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Ji

Caption: Book lovers CrowdCaption: Book lovers Crowd

While wandering around in search of books, we stumbled upon a stall that showcased a startup related to books. The Stall had an idea of sharing personal books through an app. The name of the app was https://www.tsundoku-app.com/ .

Books StallBooks Stall

Oragnised Stage for multiple guests (Poets, Goverment Officials & Reporter)Oragnised Stage for multiple guests (Poets, Goverment Officials & Reporter)

Caption: Kids Selling Balloon ( Their struggles are diffrent than us)Caption: Kids Selling Balloon ( Their struggles are diffrent than us)

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-18 at 12.55.08 (1).jpeg

@Shrikar 

Overall our Book Festival Visit was great. we purchased some books from the stall.

Sanjay Kumar
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Nine-day Pune Book Festival (The National Book Trust)

Since reading books is still the best form of education,The current trend of people is of reading more books online than in real books, so this is one of the most significant events and should be supported.

Thanks for sharing with us @ofsanjay 

Cheers!

Connect Moderator

Thank you immensely for sharing this story @ofsanjay 

I had heard in the newspaper about it but did not realize it was on a large scale until your post 👍

You have captured the vibes of the festival brilliantly through the photos and the descriptions.

The rangoli photo is impressive.

I liked the caption for the balloon seller, it is thought-provoking.

Level 10

Thank you very much, dear Moderator @Tushar_Suradkar for directing me here... Very interesting... Pune Pustak Mahotsav... Great!

Wonderful initiative... 

Hello, fellow LG @ofsanjay... Nice Post... Appreciate your efforts and involvement - thanks for sharing these details.

Enjoyed reading your article. 

👍❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Hello @ofsanjay 

I have enjoyed very much to read your post.

Your description is very nice. Thanks for sharing this.