StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Night scenes of Melaka, Malaysia

Early February 2019, I headed back to my home village of Melaka in Malaysia to celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year festival with family and friends. Melaka is a historical city now listed as one of the Unesco world heritage sites, and used to be a very important trading port since the 1500s when trade between the east and west grew. Today Melaka is an important and very popular travel destination for tourists in Malaysia.

I headed out during one of the nights of Chinese New Year to shoot some photos of the night scene there. Here are some photos.

All photos are self-captured around this location. https://goo.gl/maps/5sZgeVgjc482

[Photo below] The tourist boat ride through Melaka River which is lit up in the night time. This is a good experience that visitors should take part in. The boat ride goes from the mouth of the river upstream to some small village and then back.

[Photo below] The beautiful lights at the mouth of the Melaka River, a very popular walking area with lots of restaurants, cafe and stalls to visit.

[Photo below] The Melaka victorian clock tower, at the historical center of town. This is located just next to the main bridge over the river.

[Photo below] Another beautiful night view of the boat cruise through the Melaka river.

[Photo below] The tourist walk path along the river at night. Very peaceful and serene.

[Photo below] The entrance to Jonker street where all the festivities and shops are located. Here for Chinese New Year, the portrait of the god of prosperity decoration the entrance. 

[Photo below] A night shot of the old heritage buildings along the old Melaka town just beside the river.

[Photo below] Red lanterns are a cultural display for Chinese New Year.

Melaka is a very important tourist destination in Malaysia, located about 120km from Kuala Lumpur. For visitors, I personally would recommend staying a weekend over here where time permits. Weekends are best since the night markets are opened only on weekends, and one can spend the time trying and eating all the wonderful food here.

Read more about Chinese New Year celebration in a post here. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Happy-Chinese-New-Year-2019/m-p/1266345/hig...

Melaka, Malacca, Malaysia
12 comments
Level 10

Re: Night scenes of Melaka, Malaysia

The picture very nice 👍 

Cweng
Level 10

Dear @StephenAbraham  thanks for sharing these wonderful moments. I wish Happy New Year to all Chinese Local Guides. 

I like all your photos especially the third photo. It really tells how to photograph a location. Usually, I take sign board separately and the location. But you have taken a photo which includes all the details.

Also for me very challenging photography is shooting at night, but you have done very well.

Thumbs up my dear friend!

Level 10

It is beautiful pictures .You look an professional photographer. 

Level 10

By the way can you please share what camera you have used and model.

Thanks in advance,

John Peter 

Level 8

Hello @StephenAbraham 

Thanks For Shearing 🙂 All Photos Amazing .

Level 10

Thank you for sharing your celebration photos @StephenAbraham 

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

@StephenAbraham  Beautiful photos!!!!.... and Happy Chinese New Year 恭喜发财. I love to go there one day and visit all the West Malaysia areas for the different ethnic foods (and culture as well). 

Level 10

@StephenAbraham 

Hi Stephen

So nice post and pictures in brief.

I liked it

Thanks & Regards

aaryesder

R S Dev
Level 9

Great post, amazing photos, hope you enjoyed a lot during your visit @StephenAbraham