TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

New Starbuck 50 mtrs away

A new Starbucks has opened 50 mtrs away from an existing Starbucks. How do I add this to Google Maps because I've tried but it won't allow me to add it. I think Google Maps thinks it's the same existing location.

Update: Finally my addition of this Starbucks has been added to Google Maps, two months after initially adding it just for it not to be approved. If Google Maps and Local Guides want us to help keep maps up to date, there should be some trust that we are doing right. Maybe there should be some kind of "Trusted Googler" status given to Google Guides that have proven themselves, that we do add new places honestly and make edits honestly.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Prague 1, Czechia
7 comments
Level 9

Re: New Starbuck 50 mtrs away

Hi @TheEagleEye,

I think you should ask the owner to add the business using the Google My Business Interface. That would be the best option to put it on the Map.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

@TheEagleEye I would refer you to this older post. One of the key ways the system will use to differentiate nearby similar businesses is via address and telephone number. Do read the reply from Flash.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Trying-to-add-a-new-Place-but-Maps-automati...

Can you try it and reply back here if it helps. We'd like to know the outcome as well.

Level 10

Finally @StephenAbraham , the Starbucks I tried to add has finally been edited, after 2 months. You can see my update on my original post. 

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 6

You made it !

Level 7

@TheEagleEye  @StephenAbraham ; Strange, two days back I added a 'place' - an area called Little India - in Dandenong, Victoria and it was approved within hours. But my question is about classification of these places, the only thing I could categorise it was under 'shopping mall' because that was what was available in the drop down list, but in reality it is a 'shopping precinct' or something similar. So, a bit inaccurate, but no option, I presume. Or is there?

My ConnectLive2019 Post Have a Look if you have time !! My ConnectLive2019 Video
Level 10

@Sarath-Ab @StephenAbraham I don't think there is another option. I looked at other similar places around the world on Google Maps and they are places mentioned but not for reviewing because they are precincts. The individual shops in the precincts would be able to be reviewed.

Little India Singapore

Level 7

@TheEagleEye , @StephenAbraham  No, in fact I did a review of the area too, and that was accepted. It  does exist in the maps and I can see under my reviews, but somehow when I type 'Little India', what is shown are the details of the individuals shops in the precinct. 

My ConnectLive2019 Post Have a Look if you have time !! My ConnectLive2019 Video