NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My first solo road trip. USA. Day 3: colorful Antelope Canyon and awesome Horseshoe Bend

3_1.jpg

I can't find words to describe my feelings - I spent wonderful time in USA this autumn. First of all, I was attendee of the best event ever - Connect Live. After, I decided to travel a lit bit in USA. I went to my first solo road trip. It was not so long - only 4 days. My first stop was amazing Valley of Fire, my second stop was incredible Zion Canyon. You can read about it there: Day 1 and Day 2

4_1.jpg

On a third day I wanted to go to Antelope Canyon. But I had one problem - I didn’t buy a ticket before. I read that people should do it 6 months before visiting. Of course, you can try your destiny and come to Antelope canyon day in day and try to buy ticket there. In hot season it’s very difficult to do. I was sure in one thing - I’ll go to Antelope Canyon in any way.

8_1.jpg

You can choose tour to Upper Antelope Canyon or to Lower Antelope Canyon. I didn’t have a doubt where I want to go. My choice - Lower Antelope Canyon. I saw amazing pictures from there - I really felt in love with it. Of course, I’ll visit Upper Antelope Canyon. Next time 🙂

1_1.jpg6_1.jpg

You can buy ticket to Antelope Canyon online. It isn’t national park. You can’t use an annual pass to Nationals park. You should buy another ticket because it’s Indian Reservation. The price is about 50 dollars.

7_1.jpg10_1.jpg

The canyons - Lower or Upper -  are accessible by guided tour only. And you must know - it’s very difficult to make good pictures. Everybody should move very quickly. Each new tourist group goes every 30 minutes.

5_1.jpg9_1.jpg

I’m lucky twice. Firstly, I bought ticket online. It was last ticket for this day. Secondly, my group was very small - 5 people instead 30 (!!!!) - only  me and French family. And we had wonderful guide who made many pictures with us. And we had time for shooting because our group was small. Our guide helped us to choose good light.

Do you see face of Indian chief?Do you see face of Indian chief?

Duration of Lower Antelope Canyon Tour is 1-1,15 hour but feels like 15 minutes. Yes, it’s true.

13_1.jpg14_1.jpg15_1.jpg

Antelope Canyon is under the groundAntelope Canyon is under the ground12_1.jpg

After Antelope Canyon I went to the Horseshoe Bend. It’s awesome place!

18_1.jpg

One advice: if you want to meet sunset, you need take a place. When I was there sunset was at 6.15 pm. And people took their places and waited few hours.

16_1.jpg17_1.jpg20_1.jpg21_1.jpg

15 comments
Level 10

Re: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 3: colorful Antelope Canyon and awesome Horseshoe Bend

Hi @NatalkaR!

What memories do you bring to my mind! I left my breath in Antelope Canyon .... literally speechless!
A wonder that just seems impossible to find under the ground!
Horseshore Bend is also impressive, and I do not know if you've noticed it but they also camp down there right on the river's edge: a nice canoe ride and then you spend the night there !!

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!!

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

Re: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 3: colorful Antelope Canyon and awesome Horseshoe Bend

Several years I saw pictures about this, because a friend did visit. It must be really fantastic and your photos do underline this! Thank you for sharing. Torben

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Thank you dear @NatalkaR for your post!

I admire your photos and your solo road trip!

It is incrediable!

So beautiful photos!It is real miracle of nature -Antelope Canyon!

My best wishes to you,

Inga

Level 10

@davidhyno I'm still very exited of visiting these places. Thanks for your advices before my trip!!!!!!!

Level 10

@helga19 @TorM you should go there!!!! It's awesome place! 🙂

Level 8

Hey @NatalkaR,

Thanks for sharing such breathtaking photos. Your solo  journey was absolutely amazing and you made the most of it. I loved the way you shared with us the minor details. All the best for your future endeavors.

Level 10

@Harpal thanks!!!! I'm happy that you like my trip and my post! :-))))

Former Google Contributor

Hi @NatalkaR,

Thanks for sharing the next chapter of your adventure with us!

You have managed to implement tips as well as high quality photography, kudos to that. : ]

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Wow! Really all the pictures excellent @NatalkaR thanks for sharing your travel story.