NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My first solo road trip. USA. Day 1: Valley of Fire

2.jpg

I adore solo trips. It’s my passion. I feel free. Of course, I like to travel with my family. But when I’m travelling alone it’s different – special feelings.

fire_3_1.jpg

I was an attendee of the most amazing Google event – Connect Live 2018. After it I decided to travel a little bit. I was going to Las Vegas and rented a car… It was my first experience with car rental. I was so excited. I travel a lot in Europe by car but by my own car. And it was my first time when I was going in my solo road trip. But I knew exactly – it will be unforgettable voyage!

4.jpg12.jpg

My first stop was amazing Valley of Fire near Las Vegas. You should remember – it’s not national park. This is why you should pay for entrance – 10 dollars. And after – all park is yours! 

Entrance of the parkEntrance of the park
Incredible colors, wonderful forms – I’m sure everybody will fell in love in this awesome place. The best time for visiting Valley of Fire is morning. You can see all colorful beauty of sandstones. Many people with trailers are staying for night in camping.

Valley of Fire HwyValley of Fire Hwy
First of all, I went to Atlatl Rock. There you can see ancient petroglyphs (rock carvings). They have existed 4000 years. No one knows what these images mean. But you can see real history there. 

Atlatl RockAtlatl RockAncient petroglyphsAncient petroglyphsAncient petroglyphsAncient petroglyphsfire_4_1.jpg
All mountains in Valley of fire was founded from sandstones and sand dunes more than 150 million years. And Arch Rock is one of the best example. The scientists tell that in few years Arch Rock will be destroyed under wind. Well, will see… I don’t want to believe in it.

Arch RockArch Rock

Valley of Fire covers an area of approximately 35 000 acres. If you want to see all park you should have minimum 2 days. I had only one. This why I didn’t visit all trails. But it’s good reason to come back!

fire_10_1.jpg13.jpg17.jpg

I've chosen one of the trails - White Dome. There you can find very interesting places like Fire cave, 

Thunderstorm Arch and Crazy Hill.

White Dome trailWhite Dome trailCrazy hillsCrazy hills18.jpgThunderstorm ArchThunderstorm ArchWhite Dome trailWhite Dome trailFire caveFire cave

Valley of Fire is very popular place for shooting movies. For example, film “The Professionals” in

Place of shooting the film “The Professionals”Place of shooting the film “The Professionals”

Guys shoot  movieGuys shoot movie

Oh, I almost forgot to say about my new friends in Valley of Fire – amazing sheeps!!!! 

Walking sheepsWalking sheepsI love this animalI love this animal

If to be honest I was scared when met this horn sheep. He was so huge, and he had big horns… I was alone – nobody was near.

My hero - horn sheep :-)My hero - horn sheep ?

I had so many questions in my head: “What should I do if he will run? If I cry who can hear me and help me?”… But he was very cute and good sheep – he posed for me and went away.

Amazing sheep who likes to poseAmazing sheep who likes to pose

Valley of Fire State Park, Valley of Fire Hwy, Овертон, Невада, США
41 comments
Level 10

Re: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 1: Valley of Fire

Congratulations @NatalkaR!!!

You are so .... awesome! 

Beautiful reportage and amazing photos!!! 

Love your way of life!!

Hope to see you soon again!

Bye,

David

Level 8

What an amazing experience you had.  No doubt you really enjoyed the adventure. 

Your description of your experience is so enticing that there would hardly be anyone who reads it and not fantasize to visit this amazing sight of nature.

And i must say,  i couldn't help but comment on your photos; great shot, apt caption and beautiful sight in all.

@NatalkaR, are the sheep also inhabitants of the mountain  by nature or they were transported there? And hope the keepers of this park are aware of the presence of these beautiful creatures on this mountain? 

Connect Moderator

Hola @NatalkaR, estaba tan anciano en ver este y espero los siguientes post de tu recorrido, que pensaba solamente postea por Instagram y Facebook mmm por suerte dejaste las mejores fotos para Connect jajaja. 

Dejando donde lado las bromas🙂, realmente es un gran post, el que nos trajiste aquí las Fotos 📸 son impresionantes algunas de ellas también formaron parte de la serie “Roswell” y otras. Nunca vi las Fotos de los petroglifos. Me hizo reír mucho tu anécdota con el carnero que te encontró sola jajaja bueno muchas opciones no tenías, la mejor esperar y ver que hacia el, por suerte solo quería una foto jajaja. Todas tus fotos parecen postales son increíbles, gracias por compartir, veremos como sigue tu viaje 🧳.

Saludos Farid.

Level 10

Hi @NatalkaR,

Thanks for showing us the Valley of Fire. I didn't get the chance to visit it but reading your post has done the job ;-). Nice story and beautiful photos. It is great!

I am looking forward to see the rest of your trip.

See you

jul

Level 8

Awesome Pics @NatalkaR. I am sure that you had lots of fun. Thanks for sharing. 

Namaste,

Niraj

Connect Moderator

I really enjoyed stalking you on insta while you travelled but this is next level. Thanks for taking the time to write it for us and share these wonderful images of Valley of Fire. I really enjoy reading about people I know who are travelling. Keep it up!

Remember Connect has a limit of 1,000 images so you might like to share five or six key images here on Connect for future posts and link to whatever your favourite photo album provider is for the rest.

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

@NatalkaR wow that looks like such a dream trip to do! I'm jealous. 

I've also traveled solo and it's really different and quite liberating as well. Going to the canyons has been such a dream to me, what was your favorite thing about your solo travel experience? Did you face any challenges?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@davidhyno @AguerO thanks!!!!!! 

@AguerOmany wild animals live in this park. Of course, the keepers know about it. They ask people to be very attentive. I found this information about fauna: "Resident birds include the raven, house finch, sage sparrow and roadrunner. Many migrant birds also pass through the park. Most desert animals are nocturnal and not frequently seen by the passing motorist. Many species of lizards and snakes are common in the park, as well as the coyote, kit fox, spotted skunk, black tailed jackrabbit and antelope ground squirrel". 

Level 10

@Julien44definitely you should go there! wonderful place!

@FaridTDF I miss you and your jokes!!!! :-))))))