PushpendraKhadka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My Year 2075 (BS)

The Year 2075 BS was very special for me. I will explain in detail why this year was special for me. I started my new part of life with her this year.

The year started with a busy schedule, on new year I was in my house located on eastern hilly region of Nepal. I was there for the preparation of my sister marriage on 6th of Baishak 2074. The occasion was very romantic and gathering of our family members.

Sister Marriage CeremonySister Marriage Ceremony

Me in Nepali dress with Brother and  Sister in LawMe in Nepali dress with Brother and Sister in Law

On the same month, there was a marriage ceremony of my other sister (uncle's daughter). After attending the marriage ceremony, I returned to my office located at Kathmandu Valley.

We group of friend planned to travel Nagarkot (Sunrise and sunset viewpoint, hill station). Had lots of fun there with my friends there. Nagarkot is a hill station located on the northeast of Kathmandu valley and which is very popular for sunrise and sunset view on the Himalaya. On a clear day, you can view hundreds of Mountain including Mt. Everest, Mt. Langtang, Mt Makalu from Nagarkot. 

Me in Nagarkot Hiking TrailMe in Nagarkot Hiking Trail

Next destination was Chandragiri Hill station which is popular for Kathmandu valley panoramic view. I traveled with my family members there. Chandragiri is easily reachable hill station near Kathmandu valley, which can be reached from Kathmandu valley. This is a point for a clear panoramic view of Kathmandu valley. King Prithvi Narayan Shah who created Nepal by uniting various small states in the 18th century came to this point from Gurkha to view Kathmandu valley. Later on, he won all three kingdoms inside Kathmandu valley to form modern greater Nepal.

Valeshwor Mahadev temple is also located on the top hill from where you can see lush Green hills, you have a 360-degree view of the soaring Mountain ranges including Mt.Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Langtang, Mt. Ganesh Himal and many more. Mount Everest, not more than a dot can be seen from here in clear weather.

Me at Chandragiri, Prithvi Narayan Shaha at backMe at Chandragiri, Prithvi Narayan Shaha at back

I went to my house again in Dashain. Dashain is the greatest festival of Nepal. Dashain Festival is one of the most important Hindu festivals which is celebrated all over Nepal delightfully. This festival usually falls in the month of September or October and is actually celebrated for 15 days. It starts from bright lunar fortnight (Shukla Paksha) and ends on the day of a full moon (Poornima) according to Nepalese annual calendar. Hindus greatest festival, Dashain honors a great conquest of the gods over the evil demons. The symbol of power, Goddess Durga is worshiped during this festival.

Me: Getting Tika Jamara from parentMe: Getting Tika Jamara from parent

After Dashain, I got a vacation of 15 days till Tihar. I and my uncle decided to visit Himalaya range of eastern Nepal. We traveled from sea level 300m to 4000m on various parts covering Panchthar, Taplejung, Terthum, Sankhuwasava district. That visit was very worthful and a lifetime memory. first time in my life I saw Himalayan Yak. I can not explain through the word how happy I was. see these some photos here.

Himalayan YakHimalayan Yak

Me: showing Nepal local guide T-shirt, Ice at Back: 4000m (13100ft) from sea levelMe: showing Nepal local guide T-shirt, Ice at Back: 4000m (13100ft) from sea levelSee Himalaya RangeSee Himalaya RangeHow to be above the Himalaya?How to be above the Himalaya?

Uncle and me, Everest Range on backgroundUncle and me, Everest Range on background
Group of Himalayan YakGroup of Himalayan YakGufa Pokharai Sankhuwasava. Pond of HeavenGufa Pokharai Sankhuwasava. Pond of Heaven

We celebrate another festival after 15 days of Dashain called Tihar or Dipawali in Nepal.  Indian Hindus also celebrate this festival they called it Diwali., the festival of lights, is the second biggest festivals of Nepal and it falls in the month of Kartik (September-October). In this festival, people worship Laxmi, the Goddess of wealth. The festival spans for five days but the major celebration occurs in the last three days. On the first two days, people worship crow, which is believed to be the messenger of the god of death Yamaraj, and dog. On the third day, people worship cow in the morning and thoroughly decorate their houses and display lightings to welcome Goddess Laxmi. During the night, the entire village or city looks like a sparkling diamond. During the evening, women sing Bhailo songs wishing for the prosperity of the house-owners. On the fourth day, people worship oxen and men sing Deusi songs throughout the night. The fifth day is the day of major celebrations. Women across the country worship their brothers and offer sweets and other delicacies. In turn, the brothers give gifts and other offerings to their sisters.

Me and sister after Tika in TiharMe and sister after Tika in Tihar

Again I returned to office for regular duty. And the planning of my marriage started, I was planning to marry her from a long time ago but had to wait till 14th Feb 2019 to be together. From this valentine day, we started our new part of life. Marriage is considered as a main event of life in Hindu culture. After marriage, I came to know there is a various ritual that should be done before and after marriage. To complete the process from the time of engagement it takes almost 2 months. Here are some photos which will explain my new part of life

Engagement CeremonyEngagement CeremonyWeeding dayWeeding dayOne day after weeding in my HomeOne day after weeding in my HomeWe , Yasok at backgroundWe , Yasok at background

Giving national flower to herGiving national flower to her

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Nepal
6 comments
Level 9

Re: My Year 2075 (BS)

Level 9

@PushpendraKhadka  Wish you a happy married life and wonderful life ahead. Hope to see more progress in the year 2076 as well.

Level 8

Happy married life @PushpendraKhadka  dai, wishing you success ahead. @SovitaD di, pushpendra dai ko party ta khanai baki xa ni !!!

Connect Moderator

This explains why you've been busy @PushpendraKhadka congratulations :).

Level 10

Wish you a happy married life ahead @PushpendraKhadka . A selection to the connect live will be a  reward to this lovely couple with one half being self sponsored. Wish you all the best for the result. 🙂

Level 9

@PushpendraKhadka what a wonderful year. Wish your involvement as a Local Guide and these beautiful moments be favorite part of your life.