FlavioDA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mountains in winter

Many people may think that in winter, mountains are not so friendly, especially where there is the snow.
Yes, many people know that you may ski, TV and winter Olympic Games show us that there are many sports based on ski.
But if you don't ski? 
Pedestrian road with snowPedestrian road with snow

You may attend mountains in winter, although you don't ski.
There are many reasons to do it. You are outside, on plain air. Many times (in my region) on the plain, the sky is gray and / or foggy. The same day on mountains there is a wonderful sunshine. 
Though it may be cold, on my mountains the air is dry and so it is enjoyable to stay outside.
You may walk on many trails without any difficulty because they are prepared to be followed. Obviously, you need a good pair of boots, so you may stay warm still you are on the snow.
Stöffl refuge and sight of Dolomites in backgroundStöffl refuge and sight of Dolomites in background

If you want to try something more in touch with ambient, you may try the snowshoes. It is harder than walking on a beaten path, but you are also more in touch with nature, and you may go where you desire.
On Dolomites there are many paths you may follow in winter, it is also easy to find a refuge that is open also in winter and have a very nice rest, and eat fantastic dishes.
Geisler refugeGeisler refuge

Sight of Odle of Ores (dolomites)Sight of Odle of Ores (dolomites)

Plate of potatoes, speck and eggsPlate of potatoes, speck and eggs

At the end of the day, if you are tired, you may choose a sled to come back quickly and funny.

People on sledsPeople on sleds

Santa Magdalena, BZ, Italia
12 comments
Level 10

Re: Mountains in winter

Nice post 😀

Aftab Ah
Level 8

I am also a mountain lover. I love to visit mountain. And i want to visit in winter there is a snow. You have captured great photos. It's looks so mesmerizing. Nicely written post. Thanks for sharing @FlavioDA 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

Level 6

i am aslo mountain 🏔️ lover nice place 😊 

Level 10

Connect Moderator

@FlavioDA , grazie per questo bel post.

Da amante della montagna ad amante della tranquillità, anche io amo trascorrere il mio tempo nella pace e nel silenzio ovattato dei boschi d'inverno.

PXL_20230121_124126130.jpg

Level 10

Le montagne nevose sono belle con le belle giornate e pare, dalle foto ,che hai scelto quelle giuste.

Buon divertimento @FlavioDA 

Complimenti per il post.

Level 9

Wow, the mountains in the winter are breathtaking! The combination of snow, ice, and towering peaks creates a unique and beautiful landscape. @FlavioDA  Thanks for sharing your photos and experience!

Level 10

Ynt: Mountains in winter

7B1850A1-F485-4170-95B0-B4EA4497EEEA.jpeg

The snow is white and pure @FlavioDA  I agree with you completely @ErmesT ☺️🙏🏻