claret352's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Monochrome

I've just decided to "switch off"  the auto and see things in a new light. Experimenting with colour and mono.

Some folks like the mono, especially with architecture. I would have included a shot,but I don't know how to resize photos for inclusion to the post (embarrassed).

I'll get there.  🙂 I have mine on the maps at the moment.

Main thing is, I want to get out and shoot my local history, for posterity.

So sad, that we photographers, have so much technology to hand, whilst our histories are crumbling, through many and varied guises, not recorded.

Well, I'm going to carry on 'photoing the history of my place, old and new. (The essence of a Local Guide).Some will go on maps, some go to my dedicated hard drive. (Maybe, to emerge again). Keep snapping, Stewart  🙂

Lancashire, UK
8 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Monochrome

Hello @claret352,

It would be nice if you share some of your photos here on Connect. Please take a look at this article which you may find useful Uploading a photo on Connect? Read these guidelines first.

There is also this really amazing Great Photography Tutorial / How To / Tips Collection. You can see a lot of useful information about everything related to contributing photos on Maps, 360 Degree, Food, Indoor, Outdoor and Building Photography and also Sharing in Social Channels.

Check out which are the Connect topics and try to find the best place for your next post. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Vendor

I like monochrome photography @claret352, but never experimented with this style. In your opinion, what subjects you think lend themselves to monochrome?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Hey @claret352,

Now I am curious to take a look at your experiments with colors. I like monochrome photography and printing, especially when it comes to architecture as you mentioned and portraits.

A quick search gave some results for resizing apps you could use and share your work with us after that.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hello! I've started to look deeper... I think you can give colour a cursory glance. Mono makes you l

Passing street tagPassing street tagIndustrial streetIndustrial street

Connect Moderator

Re: Hello! I've started to look deeper... I think you can give colour a cursory glance. Mono makes y

It is really good to branch out from Auto and to play @claret352. It is how we learn. I've been a photographer for over 30 years and I learn every time I pick up the camera. I love playing, sometimes my experimental outcomes are awful sometimes they are awesome but they are always fun. Keep on having fun and growing!

There is a easy way to resize photos from any device - Chrome Labs have a public experiment called Squoosh that is really useful for this task https://squoosh.app/

Level 7

Got the hang of resizing, thanks 🙂  Old & NewOld & NewAccrington PalsAccrington Pals

Level 7

Re: Hello! I've started to look deeper... I think you can give colour a cursory glance. Mono makes y

Thanks for the post. I'm a bit insular, photo-wise. May do a bit more on here.

Google Vendor

Thank you for the photos you added @claret352. And by the way, if you want to tag me or other Local Guides, just type @ before their names. This way we receive a notification.