AjjuR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Merger of Indian Public Sector Banks

Hello, Hope all of you will be safe in your homes. As you may be aware that in the last 2 years the Government of India has merged many of its public sector banks. But this information has not been updated in Google Map yet, due to which the public has to face inconvenience. As India's largest bank employee, I tried to make the necessary changes in Google Maps on my behalf, but unfortunately all my changes were rejected, due to which I could not succeed in furthering my efforts.
In view of the above, may I request to all of you please advise so that I could continue my edits or otherwise.
Thanks and regards

Haldwani, Uttarakhand, India
6 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Merger of Indian Public Sector Banks

Hello @AjjuR 

It would not be right to do such changes individually. Further, the dual-display of the name is going to continue for quite some time. Any change at this juncture will create a lot of confusion.

Nevertheless, even after the complete changeover, the correct way to handle such changes is to get a full list of all branches along with the official circular from the Finance ministry of GOI & communicate that to Google Maps team. That will avoid all sorts of inadvertent errors.

Level 9

HereRe: Merger of Indian Public Sector Banks

@AjjuR 

Here, is your answer.

Click This.

I believe that sensitive POIs, like ATM, should be edited only under GMB program... 

Thanks for your reply... I need to read more about this... 

It also increase my knowledge, thanks to you... 

{Simplicity Is My Identity}
Level 10

Re: HereRe: Merger of Indian Public Sector Banks

@KishorMali Thanks for your reply and the link. I am well versed with GMB feature. Meanwhile, I am not the owner of these institutions (banks).

Thanks

Level 10

@C_T Thanks for your suggestion. Meanwhile, Finance Ministry has already been issued circular regarding merger of banks. Now it will depend upon the concerned banks how they implement (moving and closing) of existing and new merged bank's branches.

Thanks

Connect Moderator

@AjjuR , I definitely agree with @C_T , trying an individual change will be extremely difficult, with the risk to generate more confusion.

The ideal solution would be to have the bank managing everything through GMB, but usually the public business do not do this, because they are not organised to delegate someone for managing the POIs.

In addition, banks are frequently attacked by spammers. For this reasons in many areas the User Generated Contents are not allowed, and the edit will probably end on a Not Applied.

The link you sent is related to special hours, @KishorMali , I am not sure about how that link can help in editing the name

Level 9

@ErmesT 

Here, in this post @AjjuR say about necessary changes/edits..

He don't clarify about name or other things... 

So, I think he say about hours... 

I also try to edit one atm location 4 to 5 th time, but I can't succeed... 

And Some issues local guide can't fix them... That  I understand... 

{Simplicity Is My Identity}