SirB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Map location edits not approved

Hiya fellow LG

This is perhaps something @ErmesT or any moderators to check please? 

I suggested an edit for Woolworths Woolloomooloo  but rejected. I suggested the edit because on Google Maps the suburb shown is in Balmain East  but this Metro Supermarket is in Woolloomooloo NSW  . Also the postcodes are different and I live two minutes walk from Woolworths Woolloomooloo Metro!

Should I suggest an edit again on Google Maps or not bother, as I've suggested twice and got rejected both times!

Cheers 

SirB
Three Grand Essentials to Happiness: Something to DO, Something to LOVE and Something to HOPE for ❤
Woolworths Woolloomooloo (Metro), Crown Street, Balmain East NSW, Australia
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Map location edits not approved

Thank you for tagging me here @ErmesT@SirB thank you for reaching out, I am going to escalate this issue and update this post when I have any news.

UPDATE: @SirB, as you can check now the edit is live.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @SirB 

Thank you for the tag. Unfortunately your links are not working, but I suppose you are talking about this place

Yes, I see that the address is wrong, definitely is not on Balmain east

An edit about a Metro station will be very probably rejected, if you go through "suggest an edit" as the POI is in some way related to the transit layer.

What I suggest you is to use "send a feedback" to Report an error on the map . In this way you can send a screenshot of the area, highlighting the mistake

Caption: position of Woolloomooloo metro compared with Balmain EastCaption: position of Woolloomooloo metro compared with Balmain East

Level 10

Thanks so much for your tireless efforts @ErmesT and I apologise for the links not working. But you picked it up what I meant. 

The "metro" in the name refers to a supermarket type (Metro being a small supermarket compare to a full supermarket). However, I've sent feedback on Google Maps and I haven't seen any change. 

Just thought to help Google Maps provide accurate information but I think I give up. 

Thanks again @ErmesT 👍

SirB
Three Grand Essentials to Happiness: Something to DO, Something to LOVE and Something to HOPE for ❤
Connect Moderator

Thank you for the feedback @SirB (new profile photo?), and for the clarification about METRO meaning (I was expecting a subway station, LOL)

I am tagging @VasT here for escalating the issue.

Level 10

Love your work @ErmesT 

Only in Australia and unique to Woolworths supermarket to use Metro for smaller supermarkets much like Tesco Express and Tesco Superstore in the UK. 

Yep, new profile photo 😉🤣

Cheers @ErmesT and keep up the great work and tips 👍

SirB
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Thank you for tagging me here @ErmesT@SirB thank you for reaching out, I am going to escalate this issue and update this post when I have any news.

UPDATE: @SirB, as you can check now the edit is live.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator
Level 10

Cheers @VasT and @ErmesT 

Always appreciate your efforts 👍

SirB
Level 10

Well done and a hearty thank you @VasT , brilliant! I checked and it's now correct!

And thanks again @ErmesT for always very efficient and helpful!

Cheers guys xx

SirB
Connect Moderator

Thank you for your feedback @SirB 

It is a pleasure to know that what we do can really help

In addition please note that I have flagged @VasT ' s update as the solution, for everyone to know that this issue has been solved.

Please read How do I mark comments as solutions? to know more about the "solution" feature