Johnbhewitt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Manchester Pride Weekend UK

A participant in alien costume with green mask and large eyes making a thumbs up signA participant in alien costume with green mask and large eyes making a thumbs up signA visually impaired participant holding u p a placardA visually impaired participant holding u p a placardArtwork in the Spinningfields financial center  of the city with young women standing on a rainbow pained pavementArtwork in the Spinningfields financial center of the city with young women standing on a rainbow pained pavementThe float for the Manchester based soap opera Coronation Street designed to look like a spaceshipThe float for the Manchester based soap opera Coronation Street designed to look like a spaceshipA pink unicorn float waiting to join the parade, The unicorn is made from pink balloonsA pink unicorn float waiting to join the parade, The unicorn is made from pink balloonsThe annual Pride Weekend in Manchester starts with the Pride Parade in the center of the city. This year's theme was "Deep Space Pride" and many of the revelers dressed up as Star Trek characters and had spaceship themed floats. There were rainbow designed displays and artwork throughout the city. During the weekend Ariana Grande performed at the Mayfield Depot just two years after the suicide bombing at her concert in the Manchester Arena To close the weekend there was a chance to reflect at a candlelit vigil in Sackville Gardens.

Manchester, UK
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Manchester Pride Weekend UK

Thank you for sharing with us @Johnbhewitt , about the pride weekend in Manchester.

A real important day and, yes, you are right, just two year after that sad day.

Beautiful photo of a great moment

Ermes

Google Moderator

Hey @Johnbhewitt ,

Thanks for sharing your experience at the Pride Weekend. I love the unicorn made out of balloons, I don't think I have seen one in real life. Did you also dress up to match with this year's theme? 

I just remembered about this post 8 LG photos that celebrate Pride around the world. I think you might want to check it and see all the nice photos there. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks for the recommendation @MoniDi the photos from around the world are amazing. I didn't dress up in a costume but wore my multicoloured  toucan shirt

Level 8

Hi @Johnbhewitt a very good write up about the Pride Weekend. Beautiful and colourful pictures. Thanks for giving such information.

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 8

@Johnbhewitt This event is so colorful. I haven't attended any event like this but wish to do so some days. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Level 8

Hi @Gurukrishnapriya It was fantastic weather which always helps. Hope you get to one of these events soon.

Level 8

Hi @Johnbhewitt 

Yes even I wish I could come there. I had been to UK in August/September 2017. The weather was fantastic and I had a good time.

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 4

ooooooh ,i hope some day i can go to manchester

Connect Moderator

A great post and great photos about the annual Pride Weekend in Manchester @Johnbhewitt.  Pride parades are always fun!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!