kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Bls: Lucky foods for Chinese New Year

Thanks @kmajewski 

For sharing the tasty feed with us, the food really mesmerizing;)

I also want to share some snaps which i have taken last week, i hope you'll like it.

@ytsE3 @Signlanguage14 @Signlanguage14 @Zahid_opal @Alessio_Ganci

Caption: Momos kept in a silver plate with sauce placed on a white wooden table.Caption: Momos kept in a silver plate with sauce placed on a white wooden table.

Caption: Spring rolls kept in a red plastic plate with some sauce. (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).Caption: Spring rolls kept in a red plastic plate with some sauce. (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).

Level 8

Re: Lucky foods for Chinese New Year

I like Peking duck and chicken dumplings. when I was in China, I took  Peking duck almost every time.

IMG 5123.jpg

Level 9

My family tradition for Chinese New year dish that's completely vegetarian.  I really missed having my dad make that dish since moving away from home more than 20 years ago and I don't go visit until time summer time.  I made this dish last year for my co worker, it had over 15 ingredients.

MVIMG_20180214_123840.jpg

Another tradition is visiting family and friends. At each home you visit, you're offered a "candy dish" fill of traditional sweets such as candied ginger, lotus seed,  and coconut.  Guests are also offered oranges and tea.  

Former Google Contributor

Hi @kmajewski,

Thanks for the wonderful post!

I've never heard how people celebrate Chinase New Year before, and I found it very interesting. The dishes what they prepare are super delicious, and my favorite is the steamed dumpling. I'm happy to see lots of photos of different foods in comments. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Hi @afrademon,

Thanks for sharing with us. What a great looking dinner table!

The roasted duck will need also a great dipping sauce, as it has that tangy spicy flavor. : ]

On the other hand, your post is now available on Connect. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Bls: Lucky foods for Chinese New Year

hi @IshantHP_ig I

have tried "Momo" like your picture in Sikkim, India. 

its rally delicious they also have different variant of special sauce..

Hi @kmajewski,

Thank you for sharing this great post. The dumplings on the photo look more than delicious. One can feel the spiciness from the red peppers. 

I have tried all of the tips that you shared in this list. Here is a photo that I have taken of Peking duck.

Caption: A photo of Peking duck served on a wooden tray. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of Peking duck served on a wooden tray. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Happy Chinese New Year @KarenVChin@Shirley.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @kmajewski 

Thank you for sharing Lucky foods,

One of my most favorite food.

Naan Roti, a popular food BangladeshiNaan Roti, a popular food BangladeshiBeef Kebab with sauce, a popular food BangladeshiBeef Kebab with sauce, a popular food Bangladeshi

Level 6

Chinese New Year in Sri Lanka

Homemade traditional Chinese dumplingsHomemade traditional Chinese dumplings