Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapuri Red and White Curry

Kolhapur is famous for its Red n White Curry.
These are vegetable spicy gravy available for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.

Prabhavale Hotel near the New Shahu Palace is an amazing place to taste the class curries in a homemade style and homely environment.

They left their visiting card in my car's windshield so I thought of trying it out.
It was walking distance from the palace, though I drove there.

01 - Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapur Red and White Curry01 - Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapur Red and White Curry

Inside, the seating was hard board with no cushions, yet comfortable.

There are no air conditioners, but the hotel had good ventilation and we did not at all feel the summer heat.

We ordered a veg Thali and a non-veg Thali.
Each had almost the same ingredients in terms of the spices and gravies and the best part was an unlimited thali meaning we could order more of each food item without paying extra for it.

Besides their signature Red and White gravy called the Tamba Rassa and Pandhra Rassa, there were keema, boiled egg, alni, curd, pickle, papad, and extra gravy bowl.

The taste was heavenly, and we enjoyed every bite of it.

The icing on the cake was SolKadhi which is a curd preparation with tropical tarty spices added for flavor and color called Kokam or Amsul.

02 - Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapur Red and White Curry02 - Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapur Red and White Curry

They had limited parking space but plenty on the streetside.

The storefront was simple with 2 steps and a handrail.
I noticed there was an entrance from the side too, but that was probably reserved for service personnel and vehicles.

03 - Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapur Red and White Curry03 - Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapur Red and White Curry

If you are ever visiting the New Palace in Kolhapur, this hotel is on the way and provides a homely experience of homely food with authentic Kolhapuri taste.

🚌 How to Reach

From the SambhajiNagar Bus Stand this hotel is Rupees 50 by auto.

🏡 Where to Stay

I stayed in the Hotel Shlok, which is not very far from the Palace, and also conveniently located close to the New Palace.

Accessibility

Accessibility is limited in this hotel.

🏝 Top Tourist Places in Kolhapur

Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
14 comments
Level 8

Re: Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapuri Red and White Curry

Kolhapuri White and Red Curry is my favourite. Nice to know about Hotel Prabhavale. I went to Padma Lodge for non beg meal. I shall share soon as your post inspired me now. I will post soon about the same. Very tempting post. Thanks for sharing @Tushar_Suradkar 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Looking forward to the post @Rohan10 

I will try the place on the next visit.

Kolhapuri R&W curry is very interesting, and no one seems to be making it authentic in Pune despite the claim.

Ans, the best part of the curry in Kolhapur was that it wasn't too spicy as many people make it out to be.

Level 9

Betreff: Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapuri Red and White Curry

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Dieses Hotel ist sehr gut beschrieben und das Essen ist schön angerichtet, sieht gut aus.

Leider funktionierte der Link zum Hotel nicht.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the appreciation and the feedback @Annaelisa 
Looks like another case of hidden review 😊

Level 9

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Versteckte Bewertungen ist auch ein Ärgernis 

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar  I did not get a chance to try taambda pandhra rasa in Kolhapur. I tried it in Pune but had various experiences at different hotels. I never knew what Kolhapuri Ras tastes like. In our Konkan region, food is not as spicy, and as far as I know, good kolhapuri rasa is excessively spicy. I want to try the correct taste in Kolhapur when I get the chance, and thanks for the information about the Prabhavale Hotel.The thali looks both delicious and spicy hot 😄.

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner

Level 9

I should try this place; I have never been here. It also appears to have very affordable prices. @Tushar_Suradkar.

My favourite was Hotel Opal, which is very close to the bus stand and railway station too. Their restaurant's most popular dishes were "Pandhara and Tambada Rassa."

Now I have to visit Kolhapur on my next visit to Miraj/Sangli. 😀

Cheers!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @ajitthite.

Now we have a good list of places to eat in Kolhapur, as @Rohan10 also has suggested one - https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Non-Veg-Nirvana-at-Padma-Guest-House-Kolhap...

Connect Moderator

That's a good idea @Praniketmore 

We should first try the authentic taste in Kolhapur and then compare the ones in Pune and other cities 👍

But surprisingly, the curry in Kolhapur at Prabhavale hotel was not very spicy which was a good relief.