LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Looong exposure in Sardinia

Tavolara long exposure shotTavolara long exposure shot

Made this shoot after doing some math on aperture, time and trying to keep ISO lowest as I could with my Old Nikon D300.

Was a 90" totally blind shoot; when you make this long exposure shoots always remember to close the eyefinder to avoid additional light to hit the sensor.

This is the island of Tavolara from Capo di Coda Cavallo, near San Teodoro, Sardinia.

Spiaggia di Capo Coda Cavallo, Italia
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Looong exposure in Sardinia

@LucioV It's a beautiful shot. This was a 90 second exposure? Colors are nice. What is the source of light of the orange sky? Was it early night where there's still some hints of light from the setting sun?

Have you tried longer exposure to get the star path tracing concentric circles?

Level 10

Thanks @StephenAbraham! Yes, 90 seconds exposure. I think it's the longest exposure you can try without having a star-follower automatic rotator, if you want to avoid coma. But you are right, you can use longer exposure to have star circles, but you'd need a complete black sky (and this was not the case) and some ND filter on.

The red light is from the near city of Olbia 🙂 I can remember was around 10.00 pm 🙂

Level 10

@LucioV thanks! I totally forgot about ND filters.. definitely needed to reduce light coming in to have even longer exposures. I will try, but in my place, there is always light 🙂 .. so maybe during the next power outage I can try.

Level 9

Great shot @LucioV

Level 10