cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Summit 18 Count Down is on , We Will Rock You 💪🥇💪🥇🎉

OMG... Brooo @BruceDM , 

I apologise ☺️😊😁

Its okay brooo just who merge read what the post about not just similar words so we merge 😁😁😁😁😁

When i write post i have future plan for it and work very hard as you noticed , nevermind brooo i respect and appreciate your freely reactions as one of us 🙂

All Respect bro all respect 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Re: Summit 18 Count Down is on , We Will Rock You 💪🥇💪🥇🎉

@OSAMA - no need to apologize!  Much respect to you as well!!!😁😁

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

Do anybody know when the Local Guide Summit 2018 Application will be open? I am very much interested to apply in this year. 

MD SALAUDDIN
Level 9

Re: Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

Still there is no announcement about summit18. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

The Local Summit 2018 (this year) has not yet been announced, and the requirements/qualifications has not yet been made known. When the application is open, it will be announced here in LG Connect and there will be a lot of communication and discussions about it, and if you are in Connect here, you probably will not miss it. You can read about the requirements of the past 2 years LG summit here. https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/summit

Regarding points and levels, there are so many criteria and different areas of contributions that awards points. You can read about it here. https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851?hl=en

In your example, whilst it may be possible that another profile has less reviews and photos than you have, he/she may have higher contributions in other areas as per the link. 

However, I would advise you not to worry too much about points and levels and that the quality of contribution is usually more important. 

Level 10

Re: How to get invited to the Local Guides Summit 2018?

are there any new news about Local Guide Summit 2018 ?

Jaroslav Madacki
Level 9

Re: How to get invited to the Local Guides Summit 2018?

Hello @JaroslavMadacki

We are waiting for the official announcement just like you 

Cheers 

Saudi local guide 

Level 10

Re: Local Guides Summit 2018

Ahh, Local Guides Summit 2018! I can only speculate at this time, but I'd like to bring things into perspective first.

For starters let's talk about Local Guides Summit 2017

• It was initially announced on March 14, 2017 by AnoukV. It may have been announced earlier on other platforms.
  • The application process, where people filmed a short and sweet 1 minute video message occurred between April 3 to April 19 or 24(?).
  • Applicants were then selected and announced a bit after May 22, 2017. Attendee badges then rolled out and a bunch of flowers were dedicated to such attendees.

Since that round, plenty of things happened in the Google Maps and Local Guides spaces.

• The level cap was lifted from 5 to 10. The number of level 5 guides in comparison to newly crowned level 10 guides was stark in comparison, which could extremely tip the odds to someone who simply "bulk-edited".
  • On April 1, 2017, Local Guides Connect had a total of 201,038 members. Today, that number has almost tripled to 598,668.
  • Local Guides Summit 2017 revealed that there are 50 million local guides making contributions all around the world, and continuously growing. That's reportedly a 10x increase from 5 million guides a year before according to this article.

The Local Guides Connect program and community have exploded in size and variety, which is why there might be more to organising the inaugural Local Guides Summit 2018 than just doubling the number of participants and simply defining a level minimum to be eligible for the event.

And while there might be other sorts of trends or occurrences happening at this moment in time, our role as Local Guides in our areas aren't put on hold, waiting for word to get out about this. We continue to contribute and bring communities closer together, as we grow in this program and demonstrate why we might be the ideal candidate for #LGSummit18.LGSummit18R.png

Keep calm and keep guiding! Excited to meet you all, one way or another.

briggs.

Level 9

This year local guide summit 2018,if u selected are not dont be feel keep contributing on Google maps one day u will invited. 

Level 5

The mail has come and the application process has started 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/connectlive

You can click this link for more info or apply.

Good luck everyone